Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Forum

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

As hunting season approaches i try and keep an eye on Camofire for deals. I get their email but still find myself missing some kick butt deals. So I created a forum under deals and steals that will automatically check when a deal is posted and notify us via a post in the new forum. http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/forumdisplay.php?58-RSS-Deals :smiley_coolpeace::smiley_coolpeace:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sweet.

That should help a few people out right there. Thanks buddy.

Mostly it's just junk like knives etc.. But sometimes they come out with a hell of a deal on arrows and such.. Last week sometime they had spypoint cams on there for 60% off. I checked 5 times that day and still missed it. This RSS feed checks every 15 minutes. I don't think it'll be too spammy. Usually they only post a deal a day, but sometimes they run 2-3 a day when they have a good product they know will go quick.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Crap i just reported that post as spam I thought it was a spam...SORRY!

No problem man. I got the email on my BB and just laughed my ass off. You guys are ON IT! And that is appreciated. I would rather have false alarms that none at all.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Here is the kick ass part.

If you subscribe to the new RSS Deals forum for new threads, you can get an email sent to you as soon as a new thread is posted there.

Basically what will happen is Camofire will list a new product, within a max of 10 minutes it will be posted here. Instantly you will get an email.. If it's something you like, You don't even have to visit the forum, just go straight to camofire and buy it.

To do this go to the RSS Deals forum. At the top right of the forum click "forum tools" then "Subscribe" then Select "instant email notification"

No reason to miss that next big deal..

Man.... I feel like camofire should be paying me something for this... lmao I'm just tired of missing kick ass deals because i don't check their site every hour.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well shit joe if I do that it may cut down on my time here rotflmao.....

That reminds me...
DO NOT.. use that "instant email featurel" for new threads in any forum besides the RSS deals forum.... If you enable that modification in say the "goof off lounge" your email box will be crushed with emails. lmao