Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A chill in the air!!

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
8.5.jpgErie ice 09 001.jpgErie ice 09 008.jpgErie ice 09 029.jpglinit and a niceperch.jpg

Won't be long now fellas. Next to bowhunting Erie ice is my thing.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Sounds good to me as long as the ice cooperates. Last year sucked. I only got out a few times and should not have went when I did. The pucker factor is off the chart standing on 3" of ice 4 miles from shore, not fun.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I hear we are supposed to have a mild winter according to the Farmer's Almanac.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Sounds good to me as long as the ice cooperates. Last year sucked. I only got out a few times and should not have went when I did. The pucker factor is off the chart standing on 3" of ice 4 miles from shore, not fun.

You know what that's called? It's called we-tard-dead. :D Ice is for keeping beer cold and making nipples hard. And sailing to Canada!!! :)

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio

You know what that's called? It's called we-tard-dead. :D Ice is for keeping beer cold and making nipples hard. And sailing to Canada!!! :)

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Screw that Ive done some stuff in my life that would be considered pretty stupid. I'm not going to make that oneof them.

I would never take a guest out in those conditions. I went with another hardcore buddy that day. There is a VERY small group of us that do some dumb shit to find a way out. We NEVER take anyone with us. The only time I take others with me is if conditions are in great shape.

That being said Mully and HB got the trip of a lifetime when we got blown out. But I knew it could happen and had a plan. I had been on that ice for weeks from Cawtaba to Crane Creek, I knew the safe way off. I'll see if I can dig upthe links from that day. lol

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=6649328

I can't seem to find the one from 20/20. John Stossel is a cock!!

I used to think so too, especially for that interview. However, since Stossel left 20/20 he has really started following his own instincts. It turns out John Stossel is a libertarian with political principles of freedom and liberty. It makes me wonder now just how much 20/20 shaped and forced his questions and delivery.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I used to think so too, especially for that interview. However, since Stossel left 20/20 he has really started following his own instincts. It turns out John Stossel is a libertarian with political principles of freedom and liberty. It makes me wonder now just how much 20/20 shaped and forced his questions and delivery.

I wish I could find that interview. He really fucked me over the way he spun it. Fucker did not even have the common decency to send a hot producer or camera chic. I GOT FUCKED!!