Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

OhioSam - Any idea what this wrench was for?

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I suspect this wrench may have been used for some type of farm implement and was wondering if you, or anyone else, may be able to give me any information on it...

wrench.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I suspect this wrench may have been used for some type of farm implement and was wondering if you, or anyone else, may be able to give me any information on it...

View attachment 2152

Just an old wrench. It might have came with some piece of farm equipment. But from poking around the sheds at the farm and finding quite a few of these it looks like that was just the standard wrench of the day. I could be wrong. Probably am. I just figured it was a plane old wrench.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Lots of things used to come with a tool kit. Model T's for an example. It could be something like that.

The top part almost looks like 2 different sizes .

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
One of my coworkers is a former millwright, says that top end looks like something designed to hold a shaft, similar to one he used to have, but could offer no more insight than that.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
When I replied yesterday I was on my phone and didn't realize that was a baseball in the the pix. That is a pretty big wrench! It almost looks like it might be blacksmith made. Something that big might have been for a traction engine, saw mill or from a railroad.

Pretty cool old tool!

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
When I replied yesterday I was on my phone and didn't realize that was a baseball in the the pix. That is a pretty big wrench! It almost looks like it might be blacksmith made. Something that big might have been for a traction engine, saw mill or from a railroad.

Pretty cool old tool!

Funny you say that, Sam. The auction I got it from was the estate sale of a farmer who was also a blacksmith.

Anyhow, I'm going to sell the wrench as I bought it as part of a lot and only wanted the oil can that was in there. Anyone have an idea of what one might pay for it? I was thinking $20-$30, but wasn't sure.