Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where to find?

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I went to a smaller bait shop last year, and decided to get some berkely power worms, and the color was "liver red". I'm not sure why i decided on thatr color, it seemed different. Anyhow, i went back to buy some more and the lady there told me that they were no longer gonna make that color, so i bought them out and i was wondering where i could find more, I looked all over the internet and cableas magazines and everything. Do you know where i could find these worms? They've done really well fo me, and i have alot of confidence with them. Hopefully you guys will know of somewhere.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Wish those were 10''. Still nice to know there are some out there for sale. I went to wally world last night, and pumpkinseed looks really close to liver red, so i might have to go with that for now on.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
i might try my luck on some of those cotty, i've always been a fan of the swirly tail worms, like 7'' ones. Would ya rig those wacky or a texas or carolina rig.

And i'll also look into that scotty, thanks guys.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Texas rig. I fish with those green pumpkin Zoom worms all season and they never fail.

Ever tried pegging your sinker about 1' up ? I have done that a few times when they are suspended just off the bottom and not wanting to do a Carolina rig change. Works pretty good :D.

Pumpkinseed green works pretty good around here and I always have some in the tackle box as well as rattles that can be pushed into the worm. I should have shown you some of the bass gear I have down at the campout. Fished a few tournaments back in the day and would like to do it again someday.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Ever tried pegging your sinker about 1' up ? I have done that a few times when they are suspended just off the bottom and not wanting to do a Carolina rig change. Works pretty good :D.

Pumpkinseed green works pretty good around here and I always have some in the tackle box as well as rattles that can be pushed into the worm. I should have shown you some of the bass gear I have down at the campout. Fished a few tournaments back in the day and would like to do it again someday.
diablo and i tried a few bass tourneys last year. Didnt turn out too well. i think it's funner just to go out and have a good time fishing and being relaxed. But im gonna give your sinker method a try too.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
diablo and i tried a few bass tourneys last year. Didnt turn out too well. i think it's funner just to go out and have a good time fishing and being relaxed. But im gonna give your sinker method a try too.

We did fairly well in the tourney's. The only guys to beat us was the OLD retired guys that fished the lake everyday all day long and had their own log piles in a few drop offs around the lake. 3rd ain't bad when you fish against guys like that :D.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
haha ya in that case 3rd's good. we came to the boat ramp our first tourney with an 11 incher..and that's it. we caguht a bluegill or two too. But, prior to the tourney we caught all kinda fish on that same lake (dow lake). Our second tourney was a night tourney, the outcome there was 0 fish, alot of sleeping on the boat and we pretty much said screw it and left lol.