Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vintage Skeet Shoot

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
This is a fun shoot limited to pump guns and SxS, no O/Us or Semi autos.
It's a good time. Greenville is just across the state line from Trumbull county.

http://www.greenvillesportsmen.com/vintage_shoot_2011.htm
Seventh Annual Vintage Shoot

Sunday June 26th – 10am

2 rounds of vintage skeet (50 targets)

Low gun, delayed pull (up to 3 seconds)

2 divisions: pump gun and side by side

Handicaps

+1 birds for 16 ga

+2 birds for 20 ga

+3 birds for 28 ga

+4 birds for .410 bore

$15.00 entry fee

Reentry permitted with different gauge or division

Only high score applies for championship, guaranteed shoot off

1st prize: a flat of shells plus cash and bragging rights for a year

Shooters and spectators welcome, please bring a covered dish, the club is providing hot dogs, hamburgers, buns and condiments plus cake for dessert

We’ll have a picnic lunch about noon

This has been a great event the last few years, averaging around forty shooters. There will be 1 skeet field open for practice

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I like how pumps are considered vintage... all I use is the 'ol 870 every fall!! Still knocks down plenty of birds

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
If you go to a registered skeet shoot about all you will see is O/Us and the occasional SA. SxS and pumps were the the standard when skeet was introduced before WWII but now are rare. By using guns appropriate for the early days of skeet and using the old rules(low gun and delayed pull) you are getting back to the roots of the game.

So you take a hot shot registered shooter and make him follow these rules and suddenly the guy that mostly shoots birds has a chance to beat him.:smiley_clap:

Last year I shot with a guy that was well into his 70's, he shot skeet for the AMU(Army Marksmanship Unit) in the 60's. He was using his old M12 20 gauge, pretty cool experience (and yes he beat me).