Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Black Bear Winterered in Twinsburg

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Thats awesome.

I saw one in Beachwood back in like 2000, but other than that it is just the yearly reports late spring/early summer when people see them roaming the area. I have heard of them in the North and South Chagrin Reservations, out towards Ladue, your neck of the woods Schu and down through Rootstown and Edinburg areas. With what, 36k+ acres in the CVNP and 30k+ acres in the metro parks, it won't suprise me if more start calling this area home.

Schu72

Streetsboro
If you remember last year one died hear in streetsboro. It had been captured and relocated only to show back up a month or so later and "fell" from a utility pole. Seems like we have "visitors" every summer.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I do remember that one. Didn't they move it to Grand River or Ladue and he decided he liked Streetsboro better? There was also the one that was hit SE of Rootstown by that kid. Was that last year or the year before?

Schu72

Streetsboro
I forgot about the one the was hit by the car. I thought the streetsboro bear had been relocated somewhere in Trumbul County. Also, there was a bear killed last year during hunting season down in Harrison County...I think near Cadiz.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
There's a lady down the road here that lives onb the border of Fernwood State Forest. She's with my mom alot. She went out to her sunporch last summer and a black bear was eating out of her bird feeder. She took lots of pics. Every year we have a ton of sigthings around Fernwood and throughout Union Cemetary in Steubenville. It's a huge cemetary with a ton of woods. A Steubenville cop followed one through the cemetary and recorded it with his dash cam.
Steubenville is only 20 minutes from Cadiz where that dude shot that one during deer season.
It's wild when the sightings happen here. They start at the river and progressively move west. Everyday on the news they will report people who seen them and it never fails. Rivers ightings then sightings in western Jefferons county, then Harrison, Guernsey, etc...
Proves they are migrating from Pa and WVa.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We have 4 on and around our lease in Vinton. Southeast there was a Sow and 2 cubs. On the Northwest side a Big boar... Little over a mile apart.