Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Skinny

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Is this common?
PICT0461.jpg

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Thats the skinniest one I've seen. Is that the only picture or have you seen it looking like that for a while?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Crazy... It's almost like theres two deer there but positioned perfect to make it look like one.
The body looks so long.

I had a doe on cam that was stretching her back and kind of looked like that. The only reason I knew she was stretching was because I had the cam on burst mode. I will see if I can find it and post it up but I still don't think she was that skinny but mine was in Sept. and not May after dropping a fawn.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Do you have any better pictures of the patch on his left side just in front of the rear quarters? Possibly just losing his winter coat or the fur was ruffled up, but it could also be an injury. Just something i noticed.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Do you have any better pictures of the patch on his left side just in front of the rear quarters? Possibly just losing his winter coat or the fur was ruffled up, but it could also be an injury. Just something i noticed.
PICT0451.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0470.jpg
    PICT0470.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 144

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
hahah jack......However..just remeber buddy..All 4 of us killed mature bucks this year due to the acorns...next year..All bets are off..it may be rough for us....It seems on good acorn years the bucks are back on the public..in which is all timber..On bad acorn years its just the opposite. :smiley_bril:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
hahah jack......However..just remeber buddy..All 4 of us killed mature bucks this year due to the acorns...next year..All bets are off..it may be rough for us....It seems on good acorn years the bucks are back on the public..in which is all timber..On bad acorn years its just the opposite. :smiley_bril:

It doesn't matter where they go.. People should kill them just the same.. Despite what the DNR thinks, hunters aren't a bunch of blumbering idiots who can't figure out what a deers preferred food source is. By the Odnrs logic people should NEVER kill a deer in Iowa the number 1 corn producing state..