Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

One I need a better look at, but still nice!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here is one I need to see on the hoof or in a better picture. Just not sure about the left side. I can't tell if he is a 9 or 10pt. I am leaning towards 9 but the one picture looks 10? Not sure. Decent candidate either way. These pics are from the west farm I have been getting pictures from this year.

FWIW, Can't wait to see pics from the new farm. Hung cameras today. Working food plots Saturday and will change cards then only because we will already be in the area.

IM000057 8-21 9 or 10pt.jpgIM000056 8-21 buck 9 or 10pt.jpgIM000055 8-21 buck 10pt i think.jpg

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I also think he is a 10 Hicks. Hope you see him on the hoof about 20 yards from your stand to make your final decision...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
bowhunter1023

I'd think he would make the list of shooters you'd like to take down! Good looking deer Phil!!!

You are right. He is right there in the neighborhood of the other two I have pictures of. What remains to be seen is what is on the farm to the east. I just put cameras out there a couple days ago. The other "x" factor is if I have 3 in the 130-140 range, is there an elusive one out there bigger? Just because I have pictures of 3 nice deer doesn't mean I am missing a couple which could be better. I don't have a nice bowkill yet as this is my second archery season. I don't think I will complain if this one is my first archery buck!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words of encouragement.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
For a first stick and string kill GO FOR IT!

I know what you mean...I have a 170+ deer running around (about stepped on him the other day) but cannot get him on camera but his buddies are hams.

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Beentown

For a first stick and string kill GO FOR IT!

It wouldn't be my "first" archery kill, but I hope to tag my first archery buck this year. I did get a "doe" last year with my bow, but she had buttons on her head. oops