Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Obama Working on Gun Control?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.
“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-on-gun-control-under-the-radar/

As I've always said. If they come to take my guns I have no doubt they will prevail.. But with my final breaths on a bed of brass I'll vow there will be less of them to come take yours.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
As I've always said. If they come to take my guns I have no doubt they will prevail.. But with my final breaths on a bed of brass I'll vow there will be less of them to come take yours.

I would say you and a few others will have the same thing in mind :D. I won't stand here and let them rip my guns from my living body.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am here to tell you, we have bigger issues than gun control going on in this country which need to be addressed! They want to open this can of worms again? Knock yourselves out. There have been many civil wars, and overthrown governments in the last few years, and quite a few going belly up in debt as well. Last thing our government needs to do is something stupid like this which is going to cost them more money to implement, which in turn will further piss off the taxpayers footing the bill.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Exactly Huck, wouldn't want to further damage his chances at re election. If they even start mentioning gun control with all the other stupid shit going on in this country, talk about a pissed off nation!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've always thought that someday we'll have a revolution in this country and if'n he's gonna start this again it might just be what starts it off!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
They won't rip your guns away. They will simply, through regulation, make it impossible to get ammo and/or price it through the roof. That's what czars like Cas Sunstein are for. He will regulate/nudge us into doing what this administration wants. This jag thinks that animals should have legal rights against humans. Best watch this fellow.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They won't get our guns. Just him being elected spurred some of the craziest sales of guns/ammo our country may ever see. I know people which have never had an interest in guns publicly or privately that have them, their CCW permit, and a new hobby in guns. It has strengthened people's emotions to the point they are buying guns and collecting them simply because they fear they may not be able to someday. He has been a great ambassador for NRA membership too. Rather ironic, yet amusing. lol