Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Controlled Hunt Changes

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 25, 2011

Hunters Reminded to Apply for Ohio's Controlled Deer and Waterfowl Hunts

COLUMBUS, OH - Hunters wanting to participate in Ohio's fall controlled deer and waterfowl hunts have until July 31 to submit permit applications for a random drawing according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Division of Wildlife. These special hunts are held on selected public areas to provide additional hunting opportunities.

New this year, all applicants, adults and youths, must possess a current hunting license in order to apply for a controlled hunt.

Hunters can save time and money by submitting their applications online at wildohio.com. The online application fee is $3 per hunt; online applicants can use VISA, MasterCard or Discover. Application fees are non-refundable.

Hunters will be selected at random from submitted applications and notified by U.S. mail in September. Only those selected will be notified. Applicants are encouraged to view the status of their application by visiting the Wild Ohio Customer Care Center at wildohio.com. Hunters visit this site to see if they were selected for a hunt; if chosen, they can then print their own permit.

Special deer hunts are also slated for the Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge (Lucas County), NASA/Plum Brook Station (Erie County), Ravenna Training & Logistics Site (Portage County), as well as Mosquito Creek (Trumbull County), Killdeer Plains (Wyandot County) and Old Woman Creek (Erie County) state wildlife areas.

Waterfowl hunts will be conducted at Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge (Lucas County), Mosquito Creek (Trumbull County) and Mercer (Mercer County) state wildlife areas. There will be no controlled hunt at Magee Marsh this year due to wetland construction.

More specific information about hunt dates and locations, including opportunities dedicated to youth, women and mobility-impaired hunters, can be found at wildohio.com.

- 30 -

For more information, contact:
Korey Brown, ODNR Division of Wildlife
614. 265. 7022
Vicki Ervin, ODNR Division of Wildlife
614. 265. 6325

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
New this year, all applicants, adults and youths, must possess a current hunting license in order to apply for a controlled hunt.

The upside to this is it will limit the number of applicants entering every family member under the sun, making the odds a little more even across the playing field, the down side is that I still won't get drawn for anything and will still just be donating my money. :smiley_crocodile:

badger

*Supporting Member*
The upside to this is it will limit the number of applicants entering every family member under the sun, making the odds a little more even across the playing field, the down side is that I still won't get drawn for anything and will still just be donating my money. :smiley_crocodile:

Looks like you and I are in the same boat Sean!