Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kiser Lake

I took my new kayak to Kiser Lake and went fishing. The wind was out of the east at 10 to 20 m.p.h., clear skies and it was about 78 degrees. The fishing sucked...until some cloud cover rolled in in the afternoon, then the fishing improved. I caught 2 bluegills and 3 bass...2 of the bass were over 2 lbs.

I had heard a lot about the striped bass fishing in this lake, so I thought I'd try it out. I didn't see the first striped bass, but the largemouths were hitting pretty good.

Anyone catch any stripers at Kiser Lake?
What's your thoughts of the fishing at this lake?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

Jackalope,
Love it!!! :smiley_blink: It tracks straight, paddles easy, is very stable, there's plenty of room for my fishing stuff and it's much easier to load/unload than the canoe that I used to own. I don't have any dislikes...maybe a little more padding on the seat. :smiley_crocodile:

I left it loaded on my Civic, as I may go on another "attack" tomorrow. I've got my eyes on a farm pond in Bellefontaine, that I hit last month and did very well. I've got 2 flush mount rod holders and 2 boat cleats ordered, through Sportsman's Guide, that should be here next week. Both of these items will definately come in handy.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57