Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Issue Posting Pictures From Taptalk

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Anyone else having problems posting up pictures from Tapatalk?

No matter what thread I'm in when I go to add a picture it says "This feature has been disabled by your Administrator".

Note: Tapatalk ran an update on my phone yesterday...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah... Thy're trying to force me into updating their code on the site.....

You know most IT guys live by the mantra... If it works, and doesn't have a security hole, why upgrade and run the risk of introducing bugs and new security holes etc....

Sooooo what tapatalk does is refuse to make their new client apps backwards comparable with their old server app... Then throw out some bullshit message that "The administrator" disabled something... When in reality tapatalk broke it...

The shitty part is it's a really good app and their isn;t another like it.... So with that being said. Looks like i need to update tapatalk...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yeah... Thy're trying to force me into updating their code on the site.....

You know most IT guys live by the mantra... If it works, and doesn't have a security hole, why upgrade and run the risk of introducing bugs and new security holes etc....

Sooooo what tapatalk does is refuse to make their new client apps backwards comparable with their old server app... Then throw out some bullshit message that "The administrator" disabled something... When in reality tapatalk broke it...

The shitty part is it's a really good app and their isn;t another like it.... So with that being said. Looks like i need to update tapatalk...

Well that's awfully nice of them to back you into a corner like that! I figured it was something on their end since it was right after an update that it was giving me issue. I can live without it for the time being if you want to wait until it has been tested and ran for awhile elsewhere to prove out any security risks or bugs. No problems here!

Thanks for the quick feedback Joe! You da man as always!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well that's awfully nice of them to back you into a corner like that! I figured it was something on their end since it was right after an update that it was giving me issue. I can live without it for the time being if you want to wait until it has been tested and ran for awhile elsewhere to prove out any security risks or bugs. No problems here!

Thanks for the quick feedback Joe! You da man as always!

Nah.. I'll update it tonight. In the meantime if you need it, you could downgrade your client and it should work.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia