Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE **Sold** Star Megastar .45 acp.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Up for sale is a Star Megastar .45 made by Spanish company Star Bonifacio Echeverria SA as a military combat pistol for spain. 12+1, all steel construction black phosphate finish. It uses a Browning High-Power style internals with tilting barrel. Double action trigger and ambidextrous slide mounted safety- auto decocker lever. Magazine disconnect safety which does not allow to fire the gun without magazine in the place. A Beefy pistol at 47 oz (2.93 pounds) that i have never had a single failure with. Personally i have only put about 300 rounds through it in the 10 years i've owned it. I just don't shoot it enough. Recoil is minimal due to the all steel construction and heft of the piece. If you're looking for a gun that can handle Hot handloads while not beating your hand. This is it. Barrel rifling is good and able to be felt easily with the pinky.

Imported in 1993. Purchased in a pawnshop in Ky 10 years ago. No import marks. Manufacturer went out of business around 1998. ;) ;) ;) Magazines readily available.

Finish shows some thinning on the slide. Blemish on the front sight where the previous owner tried to move a fixed dovetail sight. Why? i have no clue the thing shoots dead nuts for me.

Originally sold for 650. Books today in excellent condition at $459, good condition $427 asking $400 flat.

Manufactured and imported in 1993.
All Steel construction except grip sides.
Capacity 12+1 .45 ACP
Double Action
4.56 inch barrel
Manual in .pdf format
Ambidextrous safety with decock feature.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ok guys. lowest as i can go on her is $350. That's $77 or 18% below lowest book price.

10mmGuy

What's the status of the sale, is the pistol sold yet? Also do you have a second Magazine, Book, Box etc that would have come with the pistol?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Its still for sale. A CA sale just fell through yesterday. I do not have the original blue box or a seccond mag. I will however ship in an aftermarket hard sided case. And I do have a PDF copy of the manual. Midway USA sells promags for it.