Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wnf 2011

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
One great thing about spring turkey hunting is..I get to cover alot of ground and find where bucks are hiding out.

Something has always intrigued me about trees that have been twisted off..Could be a good buck

I hiked many ridges and hollows but this particular ridge had the sign..It has everything a big buck needs to survive..However..He made one mistake..I found his hideout..He will do all he can do to survive the 2011 season

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice shed, and nice rubs! Good luck next year. Not sure what to think of the trees ripped in shreds. I call BS on them.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
When i see trees twisted apart it tells me there's something in there with long tines..I think they get those sapplings in bewteen their G2 and G3..and if the tines are long enough..He can twist the tree apart...Dont know what else it could be...I was back in pretty good.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I ripped them trees up just too see how much you do get around in there... Nice find and good luck!!! Where's the shrooms???

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Fellows..It was a tough 4 days for shrooms and birds..We only got 2 good days to hunt..tremendous rain storms and wind kept us out of the woods...We were in lawrence county.