Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

lost a good friend

sitting at home yesterday watching t.v with my girls and i get the call that no one ever likes getting , a good friend of mine fred (beattle ) bailey passed away. we knew it was coming but no matter how well you prepare yourself for someones death it is never easy , he had been battling lukemia for some time now and he survived way longer then the doctors gave him , last july they gave him 4 weeks to live and well he wasnt going with out a fight he would have his really good days and he would come down to the pay lake and watch every one fish he even fished a few tournaments with us , we would always joke with him bout not catchingg anything so one day i rigged up one of my big poles and threw it out for him , he had never caught a catfish before in his life from what i understood and i put him on his first catfish , the smile he had that day is a smile i will neverforget , he was a retired pipefitter he put in 30 plus years and spent his retirement making some of the coolest toys i ever seen like a trike that he made from a old car and a fishing mobilee that had everything , lights seat, pole holder the whole nine yards , he could always brighten your day and we had many heart to heart talks about life sitting on the bank of that paylake ,he will be gratly missed by alot of people but he is in a better place now , god has new welder in heaven to build him some new toys , rest in peace buddy we are gonna miss you

untitled13.jpg

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I'm sorry for your loss. Take heart you made a difference in his life as I'm sure he did on you.