Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How's this for irony...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Most of you know I work in oil and gas. I would venture to say I have bought over 50 miles of pipeline right-of-way in the last four years. Yesteday, I went to my best farm to check the cameras hoping for hard horned pics of Crazy Rack and/or Hook Jr. As I was turning into the bean field, I see marking tape labeled: Enervest Pipeline. And as luck would have it, the pipeline will pass within 200 yards of my stand and the camera that have seen so much action from both bucks. In addition to seeing that on the way in, I looked up while checking my camear to see a freshly hung stand on the property line less than 75 yards from my stand. And no good pics. Not the birthday excitement I was hoping for to say the least! :smiley_cry:

To add to the irony and give it a smalle world feel, Enervest employs the neighbor who between he and his son, has single-handedly ruined the hunting at my parents. :smiley_devil:

I'm going to make a call this morning and see what the deal is with the pipeline. I'm sure it will be a sub 4" line or so, which should be installed with minimal disturbance. I did some scouting and it appears they will avoid most of the bedding structure, but will go right through the general area of some decent bedding. Unfortunately, I was uncomfortable with leaving the BEC in the woods at that location, so I pulled it before getting hard horned pics of both deer. I have two Primos 35's on the way to the house so I can pull the BEC's from out there, but still cover some ground.

It's hard to be too pissed. After all, how many times have I played a hand in doing that to someone else. I hate to consider it karma, but it sure is hell is Murphy's Law!!!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Is that the same guy who decided to go squirjal hunting the day I was sitting back there? jerk off

No. Other side. The one that built the race track for his son and proceeded to brush hog all the good bedding area. If I only knew what I know now when I had first started bowhunting that area, I'd have killed 3-4 good bucks back there. We might get a few more nice ones back there, but it ain't what it used to be!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It's gonna be real ironic when you are sitting in that treestand early one morning, and the backhoe pops up over the hill, running Hook or Crazy Rack right under your stand, stopping broadside at 20y to look back at what the hell was going on...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
That bottom down there looks too good to not hold anything. I tell ya, when that sun came up that day I was like woah...this looks sweet.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
That bottom down there looks too good to not hold anything. I tell ya, when that sun came up that day I was like woah...this looks sweet.

It is a sweet set-up down there. At one point in time, I would say a man could have killed a big buck back there every year if he took the first week of November off and all of gun season off and sat all day, every day. I have no doubts you could have killed on year in and year out if you could do that...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
It's gonna be real ironic when you are sitting in that treestand early one morning, and the backhoe pops up over the hill, running Hook or Crazy Rack right under your stand, stopping broadside at 20y to look back at what the hell was going on...

I'd shit myself. I might even have trouble decided which one to shoot if they both came out!!!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
That sounds like something mountaineer would say... :D

Kinda does. I'll be in the corner punching myself in the nuts...

But in all honesty, that bottom collects so much deer movement, I can't imagine you wouldn't at the very least see a mature buck in those 14 days. I fugged up when I first started hunting and spent too much time hunting the oak flat. Ever since I started hunting the bottom, I've seen 3x's the deer down there than I ever did on the oak flat.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
It is? We aren't talking about the bottom where I sat that morning?

Ignore him! ;) He thinks you are talking about the farm where CR and Hook are. You are talking about the right bottom however. I'm with you buddy!!! We're having our own convo here!!! LOL! :D

or is this where you were talking about where you twisted your knee a couple weeks ago?

That bottom is 200 yards west of the platform. The same direction the turkeys came from and 100 yards below where we stopping following blood that day...