Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Grilling!

badger

*Supporting Member*
Loving the weather today. Got some mowing done, and other yard work. Now I have a cold beer, the Allman Bros jamming, and getting ready to grill some steaks over wood.

badger

*Supporting Member*
What's the best wood too cook with in your oppinion?

I like using Hickory the most, but it does give you a very heavy smoke flavor. Sometimes it can be a little over powering for some folks. Pecan and mesquite are awesome too, just hard to get here in Ohio. No way in hell I'll pay what wallmart wants for a five pound bag of mesquite. Presently maple is becoming my favorite for most things.

Buckmaster

Portage
Oh, tomato wine is made just like grape wine except tomatos are used instead.

Dale- I have the brick laying project hired out. There's an amish bricklayer that is handling both my chimney and steps at the same. It should be a 4 guy 2 day fix if all goes well.

You should see what I have from your beaver catch basin from behind my house. Let's just say "swamp buck" is rather large.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I like using Hickory the most, but it does give you a very heavy smoke flavor. Sometimes it can be a little over powering for some folks. Pecan and mesquite are awesome too, just hard to get here in Ohio. No way in hell I'll pay what wallmart wants for a five pound bag of mesquite. Presently maple is becoming my favorite for most things.

Ever tried any wild Cherry. It has became my favorite over the last couple years. Not overpowering, doesn't burn fast or too hot, Pretty darn good wood.