Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gas Today

badger

*Supporting Member*
I usually get on 77 south at Harvard Avenue for my ride home. Regular unleaded was $4.15 at the BP station there. From there I take 480 east to 422 which I can run most of the way home, or get off on 44 south and run that into Mantua to avoid the traffic in going across Ladue. I needed diesel for the work truck and diesel in the cans for equipment so I took 44 into Mantua. I didn't check the diesel prices as work covers that, but if I would have been buying gas it was $3.88 at that BP in Mantua. How in the hell can two BP stations roughly 30 miles apart have that big of a price difference? We are talking .27 on the gallon. This is bullshit and I see no end in site to what our government is permitting to go on.

Sure makes a guy wonder what the hell is going on in this country.:smiley_confused_vra

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I pulled into the bp without looking at the prices of gas (it always just ticks me off looking at the prices so i dont bother to). I put some gas in my Jeep, then hear some lady at the pump beside me raising heck about the price, we look over, and right across the street at a Marathon, the price is $3.99. Of course i was done pumping by this time. But, i did hear that all the local stations are raising prices to $4.15 tommorow.

tuffshot

The Crew
I usually get on 77 south at Harvard Avenue for my ride home. Regular unleaded was $4.15 at the BP station there. From there I take 480 east to 422 which I can run most of the way home, or get off on 44 south and run that into Mantua to avoid the traffic in going across Ladue. I needed diesel for the work truck and diesel in the cans for equipment so I took 44 into Mantua. I didn't check the diesel prices as work covers that, but if I would have been buying gas it was $3.88 at that BP in Mantua. How in the hell can two BP stations roughly 30 miles apart have that big of a price difference? We are talking .27 on the gallon. This is bullshit and I see no end in site to what our government is permitting to go on
Sure makes a guy wonder what the hell is going on in this country.:smiley_confused_vra

BP was bought out in Ohio by another gas company in Ohio. But they are under still under a BPcontract.
Some stations may still be under the origional BP control until transferred. Long ass process. I think the new company is based out of Newark called Englefield

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
BP was bought out in Ohio by another gas company in Ohio. But they are under still under a BPcontract.
Some stations may still be under the origional BP control until transferred. Long ass process. I think the new company is based out of Newark called Englefield

Englefield is correct. We had a BP and a Duke/Duchess gas stations here and when Englefield who owns Duke/Duchess bought out BP that station was closed and now an abandoned building.