Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Huh... what... WTF!!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Sound asleep, off in la la land last night, when all of the sudden in the middle of the night, the loudest, highest pitched alarm I've ever heard blasts off, rattling my brain and shaking it around in my skull!! I sit up, completely confused and disoriented as to my whereabouts (I was in a deeeeep sleep) then I put 2 and 2 together. Fire Alarm. WTF!?

I stumbled out of the room after grabbing my keys, wallet, and room key and see other tired and confused people looking at each other, like is this for real? Long story short, all was well, just some smoke on the third floor, and 45 minutes later the fire department cleared the building and everybody was allowed in. I just hope that I don't get a bill from the Hampton Inn for the turd I left in the bed!! Cuz it scared the cap outta me!!

Funniest thing I saw during the chaos.... not to laugh at stereotypes, but an Asian guy actually breaks out a camera and starts taking pictures of the fire trucks, and all the people standing outside.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Maybe he thought Godzirra was about to appear......

Glad to hear you're alright.

Those hotel fire alarms are SO fuggin loud a deaf man could feel them. I think they make them that loud so there is no way in hell anyone could even consider staying in the room.. I swear they aren't made to alert you, they are made to make you leave.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We had the same caliber of system installed in our dorm at OU my sophomore year. For the first few weeks, it went off all the time because of the bugs in the system. One weekend, it goes off around 3:30 and I'm passed the F out drunk as a skunk. My roommates get up and leave without waking me up for some unknown reason! I wake up to our RD, two cops, and two firefighters shaking me!!! Of course I'm out of it and have no idea what's up, so it takes me a few seconds to realize what's up. By this point, they have figured out our room set off the system. The RD comes back in from the hallway with an empty pack of Black and Milds, and says: "What's this?"

"Looks like an empty pack of cigars to me..."

"Well it was in your trash..."

"And..."

"This room triggered the alarm."

"Ok. Do you smell smoke in here? Did it look like I was toking on a smoke when you came in?"

Cop says: "No need to be a smart ass Mr. Roush."

I say: "No need to accuse me/us of shit we didn't do either. That pack was in the bottom of the trash and is from Thursday night. And no, we didn't smoke them in here."

Other cop asks: "Where's your roommates?"

"Wouldn't I like to know!" I get a little chuckle out of the firefighters.

After some more back and forth, they gave up their fight and let me go back to bed! You talk about being out of it for a few!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Dang Curran glad everything was OK, I hate that feeling waking up to an alarm.

After we got broken into a couple years ago I got pissed off and went an got an ADT Security System. Since we have a two story house and our bedroom is upstairs and told them to install the loudest alarm they had available for residential installs. When he tested it you could hardly concentrate enough to put in the passcode to turn it off.

About 2 weeks after the install, less than a month after our break in, 2 AM my wife wakes me up saying the alarm is going off. So I got into full "gonna shoot somebody mode"... adrenaline pumping thinking someone is in my house, I grab my flashlight and Ruger 9MM from beside my bed and off I go, sneaking through the house in my boxers. It was tough to concentrate with that shrill going off.

Ended up being the wind was strong enough to flex our front door just enough to trip the alarm... talk about dead sleep to wide awake!!! My wife was cracking up afterward once we figured out no one was in the house, saying how stupid I looked sneaking around the house with a gun in my underwear... LOL.

Huckleberry Finn

About 2 weeks after the install, less than a month after our break in, 2 AM my wife wakes me up saying the alarm is going off. So I got into full "gonna shoot somebody mode"... adrenaline pumping thinking someone is in my house, I grab my flashlight and Ruger 9MM from beside my bed and off I go, sneaking through the house in my boxers. It was tough to concentrate with that shrill going off.

A good reaction but that's funny shit lol "gonna shoot somebody mode" LOVE IT.

Also, to Jesse's story, we had one my first year of college in the afternoon on the coldest damn day of the year. I was taking a nap, opened the door in my boxers and announced "Who the F thought it would be a good idea to have a fire drill right now?" The RD happened to be standing right there and said "Me". lol

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
We had the same caliber of system installed in our dorm at OU my sophomore year. For the first few weeks, it went off all the time because of the bugs in the system. One weekend, it goes off around 3:30 and I'm passed the F out drunk as a skunk. My roommates get up and leave without waking me up for some unknown reason! I wake up to our RD, two cops, and two firefighters shaking me!!! Of course I'm out of it and have no idea what's up, so it takes me a few seconds to realize what's up. By this point, they have figured out our room set off the system. The RD comes back in from the hallway with an empty pack of Black and Milds, and says: "What's this?"

"Looks like an empty pack of cigars to me..."

"Well it was in your trash..."

"And..."

"This room triggered the alarm."

"Ok. Do you smell smoke in here? Did it look like I was toking on a smoke when you came in?"

Cop says: "No need to be a smart ass Mr. Roush."

I say: "No need to accuse me/us of shit we didn't do either. That pack was in the bottom of the trash and is from Thursday night. And no, we didn't smoke them in here."

Other cop asks: "Where's your roommates?"

"Wouldn't I like to know!" I get a little chuckle out of the firefighters.

After some more back and forth, they gave up their fight and let me go back to bed! You talk about being out of it for a few!!!

Ha ha I remember this....thanks you fuggars!!!

Joe is spot on, the systems are to make sure you leave. I forget the DB level, but after doing all the fire alarm testing for OU for 4years straight, I can only hope to never hear a horn or see a stobe again!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Funny Chad! Godzirra! I always laugh when the Bob and Tom Show does that speel. Wayman Burr was in Godzirra? Then all hell breaks lose with utter chaos and screaming! LMAO everytime!