Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I am a facebook idiot!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I finally joined the ol' Facebook about a week or so ago. Man is that sight slow and hard to navigate or am I just getting old?

I have had a heckuva time trying to get my business facebook page to link up to my personal page and to get the picture posted of the business page under my "Employment" profile.

Okay, I am done ranting about how dumb I am. Facebook is still the dumbest thing I ever did I think. haha

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I think the thread title says it all! LOL!!! :smiley_crocodile:

FB can get slow in the evenings when just about all 300+ million people are on there. As far as linking the photos, I've not tried to do that, so I can't be much help. I'm more of a visual guy, so if I was sitting there with you, we'd get it taken care of. Can't your kids show you how to do it?!? rotflmao

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I can help you out, Phil. I run a few different FB pages for church, Biddy Wrestling, and work. Once you play around with it it becomes an old hat. BTW, I searched for your business page but it doesn't look like you have one. You do have a page "marker", but that is because you entered the business info on your personal page. Social networking is becoming increasingly important for business marketing and I'd be happy to help you out. Just let me know...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I finally joined the ol' Facebook about a week or so ago. Man is that sight slow and hard to navigate or am I just getting old?

I have had a heckuva time trying to get my business facebook page to link up to my personal page and to get the picture posted of the business page under my "Employment" profile.

Okay, I am done ranting about how dumb I am. Facebook is still the dumbest thing I ever did I think. haha

Dude trust me. I know how you feel. The requirement that a business FB page be linked to a personal FB page is a crock in my book. When on your business page doing things Don;t forget to click the link on the right that says "use as Hicks Lawn Care".. This will ensure that what you are doing on that page is being done as the business, and not as your personal account. .

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I agree Jack. However, in order to establish an ad you have to exit Business acct and go back to your personal. Doh!

Thanks for the offer JJ. I was up late trying to make it happen. I did get an ad listed and running. . . I mean, I think I did. lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You must be becoming friends with my wife!!! lol

As a matter of fact, we did chat a little. lol You got nothing to worry about bud. I already have a wife. Ain't a chance in hell I would want another. You hear about people's wives getting in touch with old boyfriends and stuff on there. I could care less who my wife talks to on there. I know who she comes home to. Your wife did mention something about exchanging pictures though. . . hmmm. . . I can't wait! She said she would be trading deer pictures back and forth for you and I. lol

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
As a matter of fact, we did chat a little. lol You got nothing to worry about bud. I already have a wife. Ain't a chance in hell I would want another. You hear about people's wives getting in touch with old boyfriends and stuff on there. I could care less who my wife talks to on there. I know who she comes home to. Your wife did mention something about exchanging pictures though. . . hmmm. . . I can't wait! She said she would be trading deer pictures back and forth for you and I. lol

Dang Phil.... less than a week on Facebook and you're already cattin' around! LOL!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
tumblr_kysib1Lnhc1qznskro1_500.jpg