Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gird your loins BuckeyeNation!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
As a huge Buckeye fan myself I've gotten alot of flack down here in Cincy and I'm strapping up for the future bashing I'm about TOO receive. I AM a fan of Tressels character but not of his conservatism when it comes to play calling. I hate TOO see him and his character smeared because I DO believe he is one of the best coaches in ALL of college football as far as being a role model and a father figure. I personally feel he will eventually be asked to step down or resign before our season starts and feel for him. Do I think he messed up? Sure, we ALL do, we're not perfect. A few players put their coach,team and institution in a serious situation because of breaking KNOWN rules so they can get some more tats. I would elaborate more but have TOO head to work but just got done watching College Football Live and the Buckeye HATERS are NOT going to let up till THE OSU gets raked over the coals. I think Chris Spielman said it best in his interview so if you get a chance TOO check it out, please do. GO BUCKS!!! Oh, this could be interesting how it plays out and expect to hear more and more of Urban Meyers name being thrown around some as a candidate.

Redvette

NW Ohio
Interesting enough I believe the saying of "you can take the boy outa the guetto but you can't take the guetto outa the boy" is true and tressel is paying for it..unfortunate to say the least.:(

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
See... There is another thing the Big 10 could learn from the SEC... They have the Violating NCAA rules down. Now they just need to learn how to get away with it.. lmao.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Its gonna be a long drawn out process for sure... because the media will never let this go... especially with over 4 months til next season... should be interesting!

Sent via Droid2 with Tapatalk

epe

Lancaster
Interesting enough I believe the saying of "you can take the boy outa the guetto but you can't take the guetto outa the boy" is true and tressel is paying for it..unfortunate to say the least.:(
No one made Tressel sign the letter of conformity, after he knew what they. He got ahold of the FBI, pryors mentor and who knows else. You don't write "The winners manual", then do that Shit. Everybody needs to quit drinking the kool aid. And this is coming from a HUGE buckeye fan.

sent from my HTC evo

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It just shows me that he's had the wool pulled over our eyes for years. Fire his ass, kick the ass wipes that caused this off the team, and get back to business. I'd rather go 0-12 without Tressel and the Tatto Gang, than 12-0 with them...

Huckleberry Finn

I'd hate to see him get fired.

However, the prospect of an Urban Meyers/Braxton Miller team is pretty damn tempting.

Either way and anyway, I think that this season will be a painful wash.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
They will never get rid of tressel, if they do it will be because of media pressure...

That is going to be the number one problem... the college analysts having nothing better to talk about from now until September... OSU execs are going to feel very pressured to react, it will be interesting to see how.

Buckmaster

Portage
I believe Tressel will be gone, last year's Big 10 championship forfeited, and sanctions placed on OSU. It's going to become a rebuilding process.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I believe Tressel will be gone, last year's Big 10 championship forfeited, and sanctions placed on OSU. It's going to become a rebuilding process.
...............agree and just wanted TOO add this: Pat Forde said this of which I also agree, " If OSU fires JT or asks him to step down other severe penalties such as skollies lost, game forfeitures and other sanctions COULD be lessened. As far as what Jesse said about him pulling the wool over our eyes for years, I think he's just TOO trusting in his players and gives them TOO much of a leash and when they DO break the rules he handles it with "kid gloves" instead of 'BOXING GLOVES". OSU needs to STOP recruiting players with character flaws (Chris Carter-OL this years class) and alot of the probs will go away.IMO

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
If anything is gonna happen, it will be Tressel stepping down and taking the sword, not OSU (Gene Smith & Gordon Gee) firing him. He will do it to save the University's name from being drug through the mud.

As unfortunate as it is, winning is the only cure for something like this to go away. Tressel wins Big Ten titles, a National Championship, and most importantly from a Buckeye fan's perspective he beats Michigan.

If this was happening during the Cooper era, the hatchet would've already come down. But when looking at the whole package of what Tressel has done during his time at OSU makes this a different, and difficult decision.