Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Favorite sound?

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Seems random, but whats everyone favorite sound? I aquired a new favorite sound this passed weekend. When a tom fans out and drums, phew, gives me a rush. So whats everyone elses?

Diablo54

Outside
Probably my squawk.

Haha just kidding.

In all seriousness the sound of a deer running in the woods. Or the sound of a bass hitting a topwater bait.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I would say complete silence. When you are in the woods an hour before anything comes alive... no wind... no nothing. Just complete silence. Moon and stars all around, one of those mornings where you could hear a pin drop from 50 yards away... I love those mornings.... that is my favorite sounds, or lack of.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I have more than one
some of the ones that come to mind for now;

The first time I hear a bull frog in the late spring each year- my sign that summer is almost here
The sound a older pump shotgun makes when you rack a shell into the chamber.- its different than the newer ones
The sound of a big block V8 from the true muscle car era really getten on it- Raw horse power
The sound of my wife and kids voices when I come home after being away from home for a spell.
The sounds of the woods in the fall a couple hours before sun rise and the first couple of hours after.
and fireworks.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would say complete silence. When you are in the woods an hour before anything comes alive... no wind... no nothing. Just complete silence. Moon and stars all around, one of those mornings where you could hear a pin drop from 50 yards away... I love those mornings.... that is my favorite sounds, or lack of.

That would be a very close second for me Drake!

badger

*Supporting Member*
A whippoorwill at midnight while waiting on hogs in South Texas.

I also love the sound of a cold beer being cracked, and the loud Thwack of a solid archery hit!

Thwack, yep that's it, I love that one!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have two that tie. I may lose a couple of man points for being sentimental but mine are...

My girls giggling when playing really hard.
A belly laugh from anyone that comes from real deep in the gut.

Outdoors wise...

Crunch, crunch, pause, crunch

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Queef. Makes me giggle every time.

Seriously. Critters of the night. owls hoots, whiporwill, Lone Loon at night.

[video=youtube;kiXjCifQn0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiXjCifQn0w[/video]

epe

Lancaster
I have many, but come Saturday morning, a gobble from a big tom close enough to rattle my chest.

sent from my HTC evo

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Im with you on the Loon's Jack, but the sound you hear when a big gobbler is right behind you and you can't see him when he gobbles but all you hear is the Tucka Tucka Tucka at the end, cause you know that he is reallllly close....

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Some really good ones listed so far.

Can't beat watching the sun set over a lake in the middle of nowhere and listening to the loons do their thing...

The wind whistling between the feathers of a duck as it flies overhead, followed by the woosh of their wings cutting through the air when they've decided to drop into your decoys...

The sound of string tension and sliding carbon fiber across my arrow rest as I come to full draw...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
My kids laughing.........You could be so annoyed with them but still love their laugh..

a good sounding exhaust on a truck...

the woods waking up in the morning

an alcohol funny car when they seat the clutch.....If you never experienced that one...it will get you everytime...