Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just a quick reminder Turkey hunters

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I just thought I would toss out a quick reminder for everybody.

Turkey Hunters Have New Process for Turkey Check-In

COLUMBUS, OH – Hunters must still report their harvest of turkeys but they are no longer required to take their turkey to a check station for physical inspection according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Division of Wildlife.

Instead, hunters have three options to complete the new automated game check:

On the Internet at wildohio.com or ohiogamecheck.com
By telephone at 1-877-TAG-ITOH (1-877-824-4864) [This option is only available to those who are required to have a turkey permit to hunt turkeys]
At all license agents, a list of these agents can be found at wildohio.com
Game-check transactions will be available online and by telephone seven days a week and during holidays. License agents’ locations will be available for turkey check-in during normal business hours. Please call the license agent for specific hours of operation. All turkeys must be checked in by 11 p.m. the day of kill.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/New...ers-Have-New-Process-for-Turkey-Check-In.aspx

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I just thought I would toss out a quick reminder for everybody.

Turkey Hunters Have New Process for Turkey Check-In

COLUMBUS, OH – Hunters must still report their harvest of turkeys but they are no longer required to take their turkey to a check station for physical inspection according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Division of Wildlife.

Instead, hunters have three options to complete the new automated game check:

On the Internet at wildohio.com or ohiogamecheck.com
By telephone at 1-877-TAG-ITOH (1-877-824-4864) [This option is only available to those who are required to have a turkey permit to hunt turkeys]
At all license agents, a list of these agents can be found at wildohio.com
Game-check transactions will be available online and by telephone seven days a week and during holidays. License agents’ locations will be available for turkey check-in during normal business hours. Please call the license agent for specific hours of operation. All turkeys must be checked in by 11 p.m. the day of kill.

Does that mean people using landowner tags can't call? :smiley_confused_vra

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Are there others besides landowners that aren't required to have a permit? This is a confusing way to word it in IMHO.

Leave it to the ODNR to make the simple complex.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Are there others besides landowners that aren't required to have a permit? This is a confusing way to word it in IMHO.

Leave it to the ODNR to make the simple complex.

No. Some older people get them free. But they still have an actual license and tag.. The problem is Landowners don't have a license or tag number. When I call i enter my tag number etc, and they give me a check tag number to write on my tag, similar to the number on a metal tag. They already have all my information. Address, DL number, Sex Height DOB etc etc. All from my license and tag number. A Landowner would be sitting there for an hour trying to enter all that info.