Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 3

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hey guys! I'm Ric(aka Finelyshedded). I'm just a novice turk hunter by any means and have only taken 2 turks my whole life but really never had anywhere TOO hunt near my home till last year. The good news it's only a couple miles from my house and has lots of birds that come through there once and awhile. I harvested a 19lb 15oz. jake there last year that had a 5.5 inch beard. I hope TOO contribute to our team this spring and goodluck to you as well.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Hey guys!! Hopefully we can put some thunder chickens down!....I've had success in the past several years harvesting at gobbler. Hopefully that trend continues! Really excited for the opener and seeing all the harvest stories on here. Good luck team!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
On opening day I had a gobbler lured away from me at 7:30 and shot at by another hunter that I didn't know was hunting on an adjacent property. I moved to another set at 9:30 and called in a group of 5 jakes at 10:15 but passed on the biggest one with a 5 inch plus beard at 25 yards. I didn't go on Tuesday and plan on going again sometime this week and weekend if weather permitting. We got 3.5 inches of rain thoughout yesterday morning. Goodluck teammates!

twireman

Kingston, OH
I won't be back at it til Saturday....had a great hunt monday w/ lots of gobbling. They were all just heading in the opposite direction. WIll have a better gameplan next time although it is calling for rain again...go figure!

twireman

Kingston, OH
Have been out twice so far. Been on birds both times but no kill yet. Today had 3 gobbling in the rain/thunder/wind. Kinda crazy hunt. Would not commit and turn the corner on the logging road. Didnt' want to over call either. I have a plan to get around that corner and get decoys set up in the morning. Hopefully it works out and I can be to church by 0930 or I might be the one w/ 6 shot to the face!!!

Good luck everybody. I enjoy reading all the stories so far this season.