Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Golfing Thread!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well we had one over at the other place and I thought it would be nice to start one over here.

Going to Chapel Hill outside of Mount Vernon tomorrow. My bro-in-law and I are going to cash in our fathers day presents. They have a deal called All Inclusive. $60 you play all day. Unlimited driving range, food and drinks. We are planning on a minimum of 2 rounds tomorrow. The weather is looking pretty good as of yesterday(haven't looked at it yet today). Should make for a real good time.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
The hell with golf I'll stick to bowling.:rolleyes: I tried it for three years and gave it up. I can't afford another hobby anyways...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Well we had one over at the other place and I thought it would be nice to start one over here.

Going to Chapel Hill outside of Mount Vernon tomorrow. My bro-in-law and I are going to cash in our fathers day presents. They have a deal called All Inclusive. $60 you play all day. Unlimited driving range, food and drinks. We are planning on a minimum of 2 rounds tomorrow. The weather is looking pretty good as of yesterday(haven't looked at it yet today). Should make for a real good time.

$60 buys alot of ammo, 'specially .22 - just sayin
Ain't never kilt nothin with a golf club.
Hoyt, do you wear plaid when you golf? I can see it now...plaid knickers and a pink polo shirt with one of them "Race for the Cure" emblems on it...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

JK man - I avoid golf like crack cocaine - that S***'s addictive

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i actually helped build that course from scratch.... what a fuggin deer magnet place that was...you guys you not believe what the other side of the road looked like when we built it. MECCA....there are indian artifacts EVERYWHERE....we picked up over 50 pieces on one hole...i felt a lil dirty...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
$60 buys alot of ammo, 'specially .22 - just sayin
Ain't never kilt nothin with a golf club.
Hoyt, do you wear plaid when you golf? I can see it now...plaid knickers and a pink polo shirt with one of them "Race for the Cure" emblems on it...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

JK man - I avoid golf like crack cocaine - that S***'s addictive

You ain't playing right then!!! :) A whistle pig caught in the open is very vulnerable to a golf cart and a drunk redneck playing groundhog polo with a 9-iron!!! :D Just sayin...

I'd have to go check my OS tally, but I played 20 rounds this year with an 82 being my best 18 hole score. I imagine I'll get out a couple more times before I hang it up for the year. I do love me some golf!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well finally gettin on here to update you on the day of golf. It was a great day and couldn't have asked for better weather. In total my bro-in-law and I played 45 holes of golf. We made it to the course at 7:20 am and didn't pull out of the parking lot till 8:10 pm. That was quite a finally for me to end the summer on.

We just played a 2 man scramble through the day so we weren't killing ourselves by golf. Went down to the range when we first got there and hit a bucket of balls to get warmed up. Didn't help to much because we flat out sucked the first round. We finished at 23 over. So after that kind of round there is only one thing to do. Go to the clubhouse have a hot dog and some BEER! Second round went better and we finished 17 over. After that we went in and had another hot dog and more BEER!. When we played the final nine we where just happy to find our golf balls.

All in all had a great time spending over fathers day gifts.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The two biggest wastes of land IMO are golf courses and cemeteries. LOL