Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Putting a feeler out there for new tree stand lines

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
As many of you know I am a Big Dog tree stand dealer. While there is a lot of bang for the buck with these stands, I am considering offering some variation. I am not posting this to ask "What stands do you want me to offer?" because every manufacturer has different requirements from their dealers. I am however, seriously looking into the Rivers Edge lineup of products. By taking on this series, I would be able to offer a wider variety of ground blinds, some variation in hang on and ladder stands, and also will be able to offer more climbing sticks. I am going to list three websites here and I am hoping your feedback will let me know if I have selected a beneficial new lineup to compliment our lineup of Big Dog stands. Looking forward to your feedback! Thanks,Phil

www.huntriversedge.com

www.leveragetreestands.com

www.barronettblinds.com

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The rivers edge looks to be about the same as the Big Dog stands. I like the Leverage treestands, look to be a LoneWolf copy. I couldn't find a price on them though. But at 14 pounds they aren't as light as the Muddy Pro at 10lbs. So price will be the factor there. I don't know much about blinds but they look to be a good deal.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
They not only are built well and are good sized, but their padded seats are very comfortable. Let me know what you buy Phil if you get some.....might be interested in a couple more.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I tell you what guys, how about you let me know what you might be interested in and it will help me determine what I should be ordering. I know what sells and doesn't with Big Dog stands. Rivers Edge is in a higher price category but in my opinion they are nicer stands. I have used both. Not knocking the Big Dogs as they have their place. They are what I refer to as "A honey for the money". You will pay more for a Rivers Edge stand but if you are sitting in it all day or even 4-6hrs at a time then in my experience they are more comfortable. Shoot me a PM and I can get numbers to you. The only number which will change is the shipping. I am not sure how much this will add to the total but I can get you in a close ballpark on pricing. We are not officially setup as a dealer yet, but I have emailed and spoken on the phone with the rep several times. It is just a matter of finishing the paperwork and making our initial order. Paperwork will be less intensive because I am not worried about a credit line with them. I told them they will be COD or prepaid when I make my order. Should be a quick process for establishing our dealer status.