Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's your largest fish?

The largest fish that I've taken with a bow, was a 13 lb. carp and it was in the Clear Fork river...about 2 miles south of the Pleasant Hill dam.

Seems like any fish under 5 lbs. will just thrash around, after being stuck. However, anything over the 6 to 8 lb. range, you'll see your arrow stick and the fish will take off for the ocean. I always know I'm in trouble when the arrow starts making a "roostertail" of water and the string starts ripping off of the reel. :smiley_baby:

Always wanted to stick one of the giant "torpedo" sized carp that you see in a quarry. :smiley_bril:

What's your largest fish?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

i found some monster carp , were talking 20 plus , i just need to get permission to get to the creek , apparently no one fish's this creek and these carp hardly ever see humans unless its the farmer workingthe field along the creek , gonna work on getting permission for this place

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Don't know the weight but I have shot some over 28"

Funny story. I was out bowfishing with some friends wading a creek that is stuffed with them. A couple guys that weren't my favorite people came and joined us. Anywho, we were having a biggest fish contest and the biggest douche of the bunch shot a monster. He tried to pick it up over his head in celebration....it jizzed all over his face. lmao

Beentown

chetter74

Don't know the weight but I have shot some over 28"

Funny story. I was out bowfishing with some friends wading a creek that is stuffed with them. A couple guys that weren't my favorite people came and joined us. Anywho, we were having a biggest fish contest and the biggest douche of the bunch shot a monster. He tried to pick it up over his head in celebration....it jizzed all over his face. lmao

Beentown
thats called a dickhead shoot