Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another clash...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
First and foremost I am a Michigan fan, then a Big Ten fan, and finally a Kentucky Wildcats basketball nut. I am cheering for the Wildcats tonight even though the Big Ten is near and dear to my heart.

GO CATS!

Beentown

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Should be a great basketball game. I say if OSU shoots the ball like they did the last game, they win by 10+. If Lighty and Deibler aren't shooting the ball well, and they keep shooting instead of getting it down to Sullinger, they get easily be beat. I'm pumped about tonights game!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm a Buckeyes fan, then a Big 10 fan, then a fuck the rest fan!!! :D

I'm heading over to watch the game with my parents tonight. My mother is not a sports fan, but she does love Wildcat basketball. So myself, Tracie, and the old man will be rooting against mom tonight! I'm hoping we leave with bragging rights!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Many of my relatives live in UK country and are huge fans. I am a huge Buckeye fan. I just don't care much for watching basketball. Enjoy your game fellas. I will be watching the kids and probably falling asleep on the couch with some stupid kids movie on the tv.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I bet your Mom is a sweetie Jesse. Be a good boy and cheer WITH her :)

Beentown

She's a good woman who will talk your ear off if you give her the chance. But there's no chance I cheer with her!!! I bleed scarlet buddy!!! Always will. I take some serious shit for it TOO, and not just from Joe. You wouldn't believe how pissed some of my buddies from OU get when I talk OSU and not OU. Cracks me up...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
She's a good woman who will talk your ear off if you give her the chance. But there's no chance I cheer with her!!! I bleed scarlet buddy!!! Always will. I take some serious shit for it TOO, and not just from Joe. You wouldn't believe how pissed some of my buddies from OU get when I talk OSU and not OU. Cracks me up...

I understand completely....cough...Michigan fan here (Went to OSU). lol

Beentown

Huckleberry Finn

First and foremost I am a Michigan fan, then a Big Ten fan, and finally a Kentucky Wildcats basketball nut. I am cheering for the Wildcats tonight even though the Big Ten is near and dear to my heart.

GO CATS!

Your logical reasoning sucks. A, then B, and then C.

So C, even though it could be B.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Actually if you take in my disdain for Ohio State the reasoning is perfect. OSU fans can't see the logic because they are such Homers. If it were a team like Michigan State vs. Kentucky I would have a REALLY hard time cheering for one.

Beentown

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Actually if you take in my disdain for Ohio State the reasoning is perfect. OSU fans can't see the logic because they are such Homers. If it were a team like Michigan State vs. Kentucky I would have a REALLY hard time cheering for one.

Beentown

It makes perfect since from a Buckeyes fan point of view... if it were Michigan vs. Kentucky... we would route for the Wildcats and hope the Michigan bus burst into flames on the way to the game. :pickle:

Ok maybe a little too far on that one... but I see your point.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

Beentown

Dude, all fans are homers. I think you're bad and Joe is worse. And vica versa. That's the most generic statement of all time! LOL!!! We're all homers. Ok, maybe not all because not all fans are created equal. But all serious and diehard fans, are homers at heart. I think WVU fans are the worst of all time and they think OSU and Pitt fans are the worst. It's just the nature of fandom.

epe

Lancaster
Been reading up on kentucky some, and am getting a little nervous. They shoot almost 40% from three, and have a 6'8 power forwardkid that can go down low or shoot the three. Also have a 6'10 275 center. Who is going to guard the pf? My hope is osu out scores them and shoots 45% or better from 3's and the field.

sent from my HTC evo

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I agee.. Sullinger can only handle one at a time, that means Lauderdale better bring his A game tonight!

I just hope that Jon Deibler is STROKIN the lights out tonight!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dude, all fans are homers. I think you're bad and Joe is worse. And vica versa. That's the most generic statement of all time! LOL!!! We're all homers. Ok, maybe not all because not all fans are created equal. But all serious and diehard fans, are homers at heart. I think WVU fans are the worst of all time and they think OSU and Pitt fans are the worst. It's just the nature of fandom.

It's only worse if you're not better.. 5 time in a row champs isn't being a homer. That's excellence.. ;) But i understand your point, if i was a Big 10 fan, and lost 2 years in a row to the champs, i would be a little pissed too... lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Homers: Every school on the planet has them. Why do you think when watching any contest, especially college, you see fans holding up their index finger yelling WE'RE #1, when their actually not even in the TOP 25! Some fans go over board and some don't have a clue how to act and represent their favorite team but that's just the nature of the beast. GO BUCKS! Lets kick some Wildcat ASS tonight! I just hope those officiating the game let the boys bang alittle and let them play, otherwise, both aren't very deep and it could have a huge impact on the final score. Youth and athleticism against a mixture of senior leadership and young talent. That said, Matta vs Calimari(sorry couldn't help meself) Calipari, I going with Thad!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I was in Lexington this week, and between listening to the local sports radio down there, and talking to people, the vast majority were all thinkin' OSU gets the win tonight. Of course they're hoping for a tight game with a chance to pull off the upset down the stretch. The youth at UK vs. the well rounded attack & more experienced Buckeyes have 'em worried. It's gonna be a great game, just wish it wasn't on so damn late tonight!!!

GO BUCKS!!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Anyone hear the calipari, they want to "be us" comments?

sent from my HTC evo

Yup.. they were chatting about that earlier this week on 97.1 The Fan. He's just playing the game, trying to get OSU thinking about a comment like that and falling into the trash talking trap.