Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My 2010 Ohio Brusier...

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Thought I'd share...

I'm out of central Ohio; Pickaway Co. This particular hunt appeared to be special right off the bat. I took pictures, video and a couple of deer. I primarily hunt alone, which makes it a challenge to multitask when many deer are in the area. I did manage to take 40 minutes of video. The video itself shows a 6pt; 8pt; 10pt or more and the pictures of the ones I took.

16pt Ohio Bruiser short story...

The area had several new fresh large rubs (6-8” in diameter trees) and scrapes (6 total) from my previous hunt two weeks prior. Approximately five minutes before sunset, I heard him rubbing on some trees on the way down the bean field hedge. As he reached his large scrape (25 yrds. away), he proceeded to step out into the bean field, which was my best window, right at my 40yrd marker. I busted him as he stood perfectly broadside, “through and through”. He ran another 40yrds into the bean field and crashed. I knew he was big, but I wasn’t sure just how big until I recovered him. Wow!!! As you can imagine when I pulled out the beans plants from his rack and the rest is history.

16pt. Non-Typical @ 40yrds.
19" Inside Spread 7-9
Net Score: 174 6/8
Dressed Out: 230lbs.
Taken: 10/24/10 6:40pm

I concentrated on afternoon hunts only this season. I couldn’t be happier. I’ve seen many deer and let many of them pass. As my late mother would say, “patience is a virtue”. I’m looking forward to next season already!

"Late October Hunt"

This video was taken with my 8 mega pixel pocket camera that I keep with me to primarily to take pictures of the deer I harvest. I think it's been through three seasons in my back pack and it has taken some really good pictures from previous harvests.
Basically, after several minutes of watching this beautiful six point buck, I decided to pull out the camera and try to make a video for my two teenage boys that are interested in archery. I have had many, many experiences with deer around me like this video shows and I've shared many of those hunting stories with them. They now get to see what I'm talking about. They thought it was "Cool".
[video=youtube;-YY5bbHKcPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YY5bbHKcPY[/video]
More Wildlife videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WildlifeOhio?feature=mhum

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Thank you all for your comments on my buck!

If you are able to zoom in on the field pics, you will see the tree bark that is mashed into his rack. Kind of cool I thought. He just finished rubbing several large trees on his way down towards me that evening. I could hear him coming a mile away. Sounded like a Freight Train was coming through. Trust me; the anticipation of when he'll show his face was killing me. Oh, OOOOh Boy:smiley_deer:, as you can imagine when he did. Definitely a major heart throb!!! He couldn’t have presented me a better opportunity to take him. Man, I tell ya, it was a beautiful sight when I released and I seen that vital kick out of him. Then,,, to hear him crash within hearing distance; for sure an overwhelming feeling. I waited for about another 30 minutes before I climbed down. Took my time for the recovery. Once I found my arrow, I knew he was done. Then the trembling started throughout my body. Like a kid having free rains in toy store with no limitations, I doubled timed straight to him. I approached him from the rear; Oh yeah, “Smack Down!” :smiley_devil: Still not knowing just how big he is, because he was all tangled up in the beans; after I pulled him out, clear the beans, then the numb feeling worked its way throughout my body. I was speechless, so I texted rather than called my brother who was hunting down the road. I really didn’t know what to say other than, “Monster Down!!! Need help!!!” He showed up in matter of minutes, believe me. Now, both my brother and I are in pretty good shape considering we’re not kids anymore, but it took us still, probably 30+ minutes to drag him approximately 150 yards through the beans with minimal damage to the crop. It was even funnier when we tried to get him up into the bed of my F-350. Still, with all the soreness after the fact, it was definitely worth it, no doubt! Again, I appreciate the comments on my accomplishment. I too see that many others here on “TOO” had a successful season. Congratulations’ to all of you on your success as well! :smiley_cheers:

Sincerely,
Wildlife

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow... great story and a great buck! Congrats! I just saw your picture in the newest Ohio Outdoor News too lol. It looks like you made an absolutely perfect shot on that buck!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Nice deer wildlife.......that feeling that overwhelms you after shooting a deer like that is something you will never forget.