Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chocolate lab breeding time! Inquiries please!

Kaiser878

ohio
I know this isnt really the forum for dogs, but I figured it gets the msot traffic but I wanted everyone to know! I was speaking with the owners of the chocolate female lat night and we got to talknig about another breeding with my Lab Leo. I had some people saying they wanted a pup out of Leo, so here is your chance to speak up. Is there anyone interested still in a pup? If we decide to breed it will be middle summer.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hows the bitch? Is her skills on par with Leo's? Did she throw good pups from the last litter? I know Leo is a duck hunting machine, but I'm a firm believer that pups have to come from a good bitch also..

Kaiser878

ohio
Jack, the owners of the bitch do not hunt like I do. She is a hunter, but not as much as leo is. She has hunted more Doves than ducks. All the owners of the previous litter are extremely pleased with their dogs. Although, as it turned out none of them bought them for hunting dogs. Of the 4 I have contact with, they all are extremely well trained as of now. THe 4 were bell trained for going outside within 3 weeks of them taking them home, so thats at about 12 weeks of age! I know the pups did get the retrieving instinct from the mother. Leo is a not a ball or a stick retriever, but the mother is. I do know that the pups are big on playing fetch. Which is a good thing. For some reason Leo will only retrieve birds.

Jesse, I am going to say that the odds are probably pretty slim on getting a yellow. Considering last time she threw all chocolates.