Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

For All You Xboxers - It's Offiicial....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wouldn't call myself a gamer. What I've found, is I like getting lost in Call of Duty: Black Ops. When I play that game, I think about nothing but that game. It's one of the few times my mind gets a rest and I've come to enjoy playing that game. Sitting in a treestand is a similar feeling, but it's more spiritual. My mind is still at work, but it's the work I love doing. When I game, my mind does nothing! LOL! I typically play one or two, 15 minute games a day. If I play for long periods of time, it's late at night on the weekend. Hence the reason I rarely sleep those days!!!

I bought a second XBox 360 (got the Kincet TOO cause those sports games are badass!!!) just for Black Ops. I had one when Rock Band was hot, then sold it. I've never played video games; I like to watch others, but I just never got bit by the bug. But Black Ops is addicting! And once I found it to be a release, I was hooked!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yeah for me it is something to do during the "in between" periods of my other hobbies. I play a lot more in the summer than I do any other time of the year. Once the mushrooms are all dried up I usually play quite a bit until I start to get my mind mentally ready for bow season. Then I usually don't touch the Xbox until I shed blood. But rainy days and weekend nights I still hop on and play.

I've been using mine a lot more for the Netflix lately, I really do think it is worth the money. The wife has the Wii with Netflix capability and with my Xbox, that's two rooms in the house we can stream movies/shows instantly and also receive a movie through the mail, well worth the less than ten bucks a month for me.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have the Samsung Blu-ray with Wi-Fi and do my Netflix through that. We easily get our monies worth. We watch anywhere from 6-10 movies a month, so Netflix through mail and the web is a must!

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Battlefield 3 will dominate. I'm telling you guys. :smiley_coolpeace:

Theres another game called Dead Island coming out. If its anything like the game trailer, you can expect it to be badass. I guess the plot is your stranded on a vacation island, with minimal fire power. You have to find objects in the game and beat the living hell out of zombies. Looks to be very tatical.

[video=youtube;Bwtr_-4vz6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwtr_-4vz6g[/video]

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
88, I really think the reason why Call of Duty sells so much more than Battlefield is the loyal followers it obtained in the past 7-8 years. A lot of guys that I meet online playing CoD, are guys that have been playing the multiplayer since the original version came out on PC. It's not that it is so much better, because it's not IMO.

With that in mind, I popped in Battlefield BC2 last night and played it for awhile, and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the new one!