Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Would you cross that line?

Would you cross that line.

• You only live once! I'm going for it!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Nope, it's black and white. I'm not trespassing

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Dang, that's a tough one. I'd really have to think about it and can't say if I would or wouldn't.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Lay a line of cheetos to lure him in. It's not baiting if they fall out of your lunch bag

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I posted this on OS .com and figured I'd do the here too. I stole the ideal from another website. Here's the scenario:

You've been playing cat and mouse with a 25 pound double bearded gobbler who is sporting 2 inch spurs. Twice you've had him just outside of shot gun range, but he won't commit and always ends up backing off.

It's also the last day of your turkey hunting vacation and the chances of you being able to come back out again are slim to none.

As the game continues the turkey crosses a neighboring property that you don't have permission to hunt and is well posted. As far as you know there is no one else hunting this sanctuary, the owner lives in another state, and your sure your chances of getting caught are pretty low.

Added spin: He's also with in shot gun range.............................

What would you do?

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If I like my neighbor, I back off. If he's a dick, I shoot the turkey out of spite. So if we're ever neighbors, you better make nice with me!!! rotflmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don't give a damn if the guys sipping coffee and watching it out his back window.. That turk better duck. lmao

rrr

IMO a turkey is probably not worth it. They are a hell of a lot more beautiful to watch alive and are uglier than Greg when they are dead. Just sayin

I think the correct answer is to call him in to the line and blow his head off ;)

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Aaaaaa, probably not however if he is just a few yards over the line, perhaps. 100 yards NO. I hate people that tresspass but thats just me.

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
Yep - i would dress up like Fred Bear - shoot the turkey - cross the line ta getz it - and ifin i got nabbed - i would tell uhm my name is Jackalope - COB - Cap't Ernie - Thunderflight - or somethin like dat - :smiley_cigar:

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
Yo Cuz - take yur pocket feesh'n pole wif ya - shoot da turk - cast a line over the fence and snag dat mug and reel him in - according ta rule 1B - sub section c - paragraph 12 - dat ainta tresspas'n - dang - doan tell Dan :smiley_cigar:

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Yep - i would dress up like Fred Bear - shoot the turkey - cross the line ta getz it - and ifin i got nabbed - i would tell uhm my name is Jackalope - COB - Cap't Ernie - Thunderflight - or somethin like dat - :smiley_cigar:

That don't work... I got caught and told the guy my name was Riverdude... He said "Get the F outta here Riverjew". I don't like tresspassers...lmao

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Black or white... No Grey areas.

Flip it. Would you press charges on the guy you saw and photoed killing game on you land... I would Hell ya. O wait. I did.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
I guess it would depend on who ya are.. "Have or a Have not"...It seems the "Haves" dispise Tresspassing and the "Have Nots "condone it ..lol...rotflmao..