Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

March Snow Goose

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang buddy I am jealous as hell right now. Those guys at Habitat Flats are awesome. I think losing Field and Clay Hudnall might just be the start to a downward spiral for the Zink Calls crew. Good for them to start up their own gigs with Habitat Flats, though.

You'll without a doubt have fun man... maybe too much fun. I've got a feeling your first fields hunts are going to spoil you for the rest of your waterfowling career LOL. From what I've seen, snow goose hunts out west are comparable to hunting doves in Mexico... you just can't possibly kill them all.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm pumped no doubt! I should have me a Benelli for the hunt, if not, Milo has a bird slayer I'm going to borrow. I'm going to be the rookie, but I can pull the trigger with the best of them!!! :D

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm pumped no doubt! I should have me a Benelli for the hunt, if not, Milo has a bird slayer I'm going to borrow. I'm going to be the rookie, but I can pull the trigger with the best of them!!! :D

Benelli is definitely a true waterfowler's gun. My good friend bought an SBE II a couple seasons ago and he loves it. If I were to buy a new one, that would definitely be a top pick. The Browning Maxus is a sweet gun too, though. If you can't round up a gun without too much trouble, I've got an all black 3.5" Browning Gold with a Kicks High Flyer choke that would knock the piss out of some snow geese. Just let me know... I'd be more than happy to loan out ol' Moose Dick. :D

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang buddy I am jealous as hell right now. Those guys at Habitat Flats are awesome. I think losing Field and Clay Hudnall might just be the start to a downward spiral for the Zink Calls crew. Good for them to start up their own gigs with Habitat Flats, though.

You'll without a doubt have fun man... maybe too much fun. I've got a feeling your first fields hunts are going to spoil you for the rest of your waterfowling career LOL. From what I've seen, snow goose hunts out west are comparable to hunting doves in Mexico... you just can't possibly kill them all.

Correction... I see that the Hudnalls aren't as affiliated with Habitat Flats as they used to be. Looks like they've started their own call company... Field Proven Calls. http://www.fieldprovencalls.com/index.html Not that it's all that important, just didn't want to mislead anyone.

Kaiser878

ohio
Oh ya, its gonna be a shell burning good time! Best advice I can give you is take 2 cases of shells with you. Yes thats 20 boxes otherwise known as 500 shells!