Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thunder/lightning/snow/wind

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Be careful out there today fellas! We have been getting rocked pretty hard the last hour. I haven't made it out yet. So far, all I have accomplished is warming up equipment and answering the phone. I have all my guys rolling except one right now. He will come in after the heaviest snow is through the area to start on sidewalks. Three backhoes running, several big dumps with 11-13' plows, and all the 3/4 and 1T trucks are rolling (except mine lol). It has been a long time since I have seen/heard thunder and lightning during a snow storm. Just wanted to throw a warning out to you all. Cotty might get to try out his new truck in this weather!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Yea they had us all in panic here at FE. Telling us 5 days of storm duty etc. They expected wires, poles, and trees down everywhere. So far everythign is holding up pretty well I guess.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Be careful out there Hicks. We have been getting hammered all night as well and it's really coming down right now and add in that wind lol. I seen snow drifts on the county road where I hunt that was taller then my Jeep. At 6am we was on a LVL 2 snow emergency but I haven't heard any updates on that for awhile.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I survived. Worked 29 hours, slept yesterday away. Got up for a few hours yesterday afternoon/evening and fell asleep between 1030-11pm. Woke up at 5am this morning a new man. Now I need to get some invoicing done tomorrow!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Was that a heavy snow or what... I was loading 5-6 axle dump trucks yesterday and they were puting their hard hats on. When it came out of the bucket it all fell out at once...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Getting some lightning and rain right now in our area. I don't think we are out of the woods by any means but it sire is nice to see some signs of spring.