Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Introducing OhioWoodProducts.com

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
When you labor hard on a project for 18 months and finally get it off the ground, you want to share! When I first started at APEG nearly 2 years ago, I was introduced to the seed of this project as I was sent out on the road to verify entries for the database. When I took over the project in September of 2016, it lacked vision and leadership. Through many trials and tribulations, I was able to secure funding to support the vision and brand I'd pitched and thanks to a smart hire, was able to turn over the hard work of building the website to one of my project associates who crushed it. With him handling the programming, I was able to focus on the content and structure. This is not perfect by any means, but it's the best we can do with extremely limited finances and other limiting constraints outside our control.

The intent of this website is to better connect buyers and suppliers within Ohio's wood products industry. Eventually, we want to grow this to be an Appalachian wood products site. We also want to facilitate commerce from the largest firms like Yoder Lumber, down to Chad's work with his turkey calls. We will be building him a storefront where he can sell his calls (technically, he's a wood products manufacturer now) and eventually as the community grows, he'll be able to source materials here as well. Someone like Tyler's dad who has a sawmill could also use this platform to connect with buyers of his lumber or find deals on blades for his mill, etc.

If you know someone that might be interested in being a part of this project, please share with them. We've built the infrastructure, now it's time to invite folks over to become part of the community!

https://ohiowoodproducts.com/

Ohio_Wood_Products_DARK_Logo.jpg

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Very good Jess!
Best of luck!!

And I may have some folks up here you would want to meet.

Last edited: