Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IKS and it isn’t Ric’s IKS either

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The hunter and his host are probably in bed by now lol.

I’ll post who it is but they’ll have to give the story.....

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.jpg

This is Gunner, he’s from Newfoundland Canada, Ricer has hosted him for a couple of seasons down here for archery hunting.

Now I’m off to bed lol.....

Ricer2231

Thanks so much for all the congrats. Gunner is ecstatic. Here’s his write up from Facebook.
Kicking off 2018 with a thwack...I was questioning my sanity as I sat through the coldest weather I have ever deer hunted in, in my life today. By far the most brutal bow hunting I have ever had the opportunity to hunt in today! This morning started off slow, but the deer were on there feet this afternoon! I watched a few does off in the distance, and had a close encounter with a big doe just before I saw this big 6pt out of the corner of my eye coming into my stand. After a few minutes of drawing and un drawing he finally gave me a shot and I let one fly. My rage found its mark and I watched him fall 40 yards away. Don Rice thanks for putting me up, your the man! Going to see if I can’t fill a few doe tags before I make the journey home. Happy new year!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
AWESOME STUFF Don!!! I was wondering if Gunner was still coming down to hunt with you.

Congratulations Gunner! Good luck the rest of the hunt...:smiley_clap: