Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Charles Alsheimer

This was on Deer and Deer Hunting's Facebook page.

It is with heavy hearts and deep sadness that we report the sudden passing of longtime D&DH Senior Field Editor Charles J. Alsheimer of Bath, N.Y. Charlie was not only our longest-tenured contributor (since 1979), he was a very dear friend to everyone on our staff. His insights on deer behavior and hunting helped educated countless thousands of whitetail fanatics. Rest in peace, sir.

https://www.facebook.com/deerhuntin...3njZ2iGwt3qMZ-8hlrv8TjJhG7OqYWM2bncy0&fref=nf

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He was truly a pioneer, and I don't say that as a nice gesture since he passed. QDMA has taken hold all across the country in one form or another. Passing 2-3 year old deer 20 years ago was nearly unheard of. Today, even novice hunters are looking for "shooters ". The mentality has changed deer hunting more than most anything I can think of. Charlie and Craig Daugherty put those ideas to practice and brought their results to the masses. He wasn't just the "moon guy". Sorry he's gone.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
He was truly a pioneer, and I don't say that as a nice gesture since he passed. QDMA has taken hold all across the country in one form or another. Passing 2-3 year old deer 20 years ago was nearly unheard of. Today, even novice hunters are looking for "shooters ". The mentality has changed deer hunting more than most anything I can think of. Charlie and Craig Daugherty put those ideas to practice and brought their results to the masses. He wasn't just the "moon guy". Sorry he's gone.

Very well said!