Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Kitchenaid 6qt mixer with bowl lift

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well I stripped the gears out of the wife's mixer. Was shopping for a new one for her as she likes to bake. Seems $200 is the deal on the 5qt Artisan model tilt head mixers right now. Most are $250-329. In searching eBay i saw a 6qt with the bowl lift and 10 speeds rather than 5. It is listed as "Commercial" and "New" condition. Listed thru Kitchenaid out of Greenville, OH. I believe they make them there. For $250 I may as well buy her the next model up. They were normally $349-449 unless you go with refurbished. Figured if anyone is looking for a deal on a mixer, this seems to be the best one I've seen. This is the 6qt Pro 600 model.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Kitche...var=423270500218&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Jamie

Ohio
my wife bakes. a lot. it's a wonder I'm not 400lbs by now. 20 years ago I bought her the 5qt kitchen-aid for our first anniversary. 5 years ago I bought her the commercial 6qt, and she hates it. prefers the good old 5qt mixer, which is still going strong, btw. even after I tried to kill it grinding meat. was not the upgrade I was hoping to give her. jus sayin'.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was told once to never buy the wife something that she will cook you something with or a tool to do yard work with. Buy them something pretty and nice or diamonds.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thats what i have and i've ground up a many a deer with it phil. 575w motor is on par with a Lem 3/4 hp grinder at 550 watts that costs $450. It also has steel gears, you know, since you're so hard on them. Lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thats what i have and i've ground up a many a deer with it phil. 575w motor is on par with a Lem 3/4 hp grinder at 550 watts that costs $450. It also has steel gears, you know, since you're so hard on them. Lol.
Haha! Clearly the 5qt isn't up to the task of grinding deer. Honestly, I'm guessing something has been askew since new. Her old mixer was probably never really given a difficult request until I bought the grinder attachment. I'd venture a guess there was something not right when I bought it. Doing a quarter of a deer shouldn't have done it in.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I was told once to never buy the wife something that she will cook you something with or a tool to do yard work with. Buy them something pretty and nice or diamonds.

My wife always liked receiving kitchen gadgets for Xmas.
Bought her a hotdog/bun toaster this year lol.

Jamie

Ohio
it's not 1955 any more. I do all the cooking at my house and my wife would be equally happy with a new roto-tiller or shiny rocks to put around her neck, on her fingers or in her ears. I could damn near retire selling off all of the expensive jewelry I've given here over the years. it sits quietly in back of the gun safe for years at a time between uses. a fingernail brush and some new Carharts make more sense for this girl. is why I adore her. girly girls annoy the shit out of me.