Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Review 6 top game cams

Fletch

Supporting Member
I'm starting to lean away from trail cams... Sometimes I think they don't show the whole picture and can be misleading... To prove a point my friend shot a 150 class 10 point out in Illinois this year.. We were running 4 trail cams on that farm since Aug. and never got a pic of him, yet seen him in person several times within 50 yds of 2 trail cams. Therefore if I do put any out it will be cheaper ones lke Wildgame....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm starting to lean away from trail cams... Sometimes I think they don't show the whole picture and can be misleading... To prove a point my friend shot a 150 class 10 point out in Illinois this year.. We were running 4 trail cams on that farm since Aug. and never got a pic of him, yet seen him in person several times within 50 yds of 2 trail cams. Therefore if I do put any out it will be cheaper ones lke Wildgame....

Or the buck didn't walk within the 50' senser range of the cam. One of my leading brand name cams is so slow waking up that I get more ass end pictures than front end pictures. That cam is going to be moved to a spot that the deer will be walking directly at it.
So it may have walked by slow waking cams.

They definitely don't tell the whole picture, but to me they are alot of fun. Almost like trapping.

I am really hoping that next year some other companies come out with something similar to the Cuddelink system. If they don't I will be buying a Cuddeback simply for this feature. I love to check my cameras frequently and this will allow me to do it with intruding. Looking at Cuddeback's Cuddelink page, they have some new features coming out on the system next year.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Or the buck didn't walk within the 50' senser range of the cam. One of my leading brand name cams is so slow waking up that I get more ass end pictures than front end pictures. That cam is going to be moved to a spot that the deer will be walking directly at it.
So it may have walked by slow waking cams.

MK... The buck didn't walk in front of it.. He saw that buck on two different occasions and both days didn't go in front of the cam. The day he shot the buck there were like 8 different bucks around him trying to move in on the hot doe and not a single deer walked in front of cam.. As cspot said... Cams are a blast, its like Chrismas morning when you pull them, esp. after one has been out for months...

Fletch

Supporting Member
How many times have you guys taken the sd card out, only to put it back in instead of the blank card... Get home with high expectatons only to find out you got the blank card....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How many times have you guys taken the sd card out, only to put it back in instead of the blank card... Get home with high expectatons only to find out you got the blank card....

Hadn’t done that, but if I did, I wouldn’t admit it lol...