Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Paying for it!!! This weekends activities and results...

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
SOOOOOO, about 9/25 ish I got the stomach bug and while my back was tender from unloading about a 1,000lbs of floor tile myself prior to this bug, I was mid hurl and really messed my back up!! It never went back to "normal" and I been milking it ever since. Sits in the Stands were not comfortable and picking things up around the house and yard work were a bit on the if I can avoid it I am, thought process. Fast forward to this weekend, I went out Saturday morning and upon getting out of the stand and walking back to the truck my back was much tighter than normal, so much so that I was limping back. My wife and rightfully so has been on my butt about putting the tile down in the basement since it flooded in July and has been tore up ever since!!! I finally said ok, mostly because she has been pretty good about my hunting time. I had a buddy come help and never really carried anything heavy but bending over and kneeling on the hard concrete floor for 4 hrs kick my arse!!! Saturday night after cleaning up I was stiff as a 2X4!!! I iced and rested, my wife said are you hunting Sunday and I said noo way. Sunday morning came and I barely got out of bed. I got up and showered and waved the white flag and said no church for me. Luckily I everyone left my house on Sunday and I laid around and did stim treatments, ice, and Aleve. Felt a little better this morning and last evening, got to work and even brought my stim machine here and have been hooked up to it 2x already, doesn't seem to be getting any better so I am finally going to the Dr at 2.....Hoping that I can get some relief and get better bc we are in prime deer hunting these next 2 weeks!

Here is the floor and what I got done so far .....

basement floor.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hope you heal quickly. Horrible time of year for back issues and even worse time for projects! Looks great.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Thanks guys!

Got some meds and things have improved in 24 hrs....Hope this continues as I follow the orders and don't have to go back in 10 days or do PT....I hate that crap, I can do that stuff on my own and usually do!...No time to spend in PT after work when its prime deer season!

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Crap man ! I hope I can end it and not go through all those years ! I admire you bc that crap sucks....you gotta be a tough dude!

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Backs doing better ! Muscle relaxers are a hell of a drug !!!

I️ slipped this evening hunt to lay some mortar down...slowly but surely it’s coming along