Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

SCOPE for 450 bushmaster

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I am buying the Ruger 450 bolt action
I have a nice nikon3by9 that I was going to mount on it.

However, does anyone have any other suggestions for a decent scope/rings that I should but on that gun?

Any ring suggestions if I stick with my nikon? the current scope I have is just sitting on the shelf so I am leaning towards using it unless there is some major reason I shouldn't.

thank you!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That would be a great scope even better since you don't have to buy it. Since it's a Ruger rifle I would go with Ruger rings as I believe the rifle is already grooved and slotted for Ruger rings and should come with the rifle new.. Have Ruger rings on couple rifles and Ruger 44 Mag pistols and they have never failed me.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That would be a great scope even better since you don't have to buy it. Since it's a Ruger rifle I would go with Ruger rings as I believe the rifle is already grooved and slotted for Ruger rings and should come with the rifle new.. Have Ruger rings on couple rifles and Ruger 44 Mag pistols and they have never failed me.

Frank that’s a bunch!! I’ll make sure to get some ruger rings.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I put the Leupold vx 2 on mine, but what you have will be my re than adequate I'm sure I'm awaiting the arrival of the custom cut turret so I can't speak to that yet. My gun shoots amazing well but I've only shot it @ 100 yards so far.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
So I have a 2by7 on my muzzy and I love it. However with me having this Nikon around I just figure if it’ll work - then I’ll use it. I can always upgrade in future.

Thanks for the tips all!