Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WY Antelope hunt Unit 16

clyde the pointer

Bryants.jpg
Ventured out to WY last Sat with my pal Josh, his brother AJ, and daughter Rachael. Put in for tags in March. Virgin Antelope hunters here. Clueless. Walked with a gun quite a bit, saw some awesome scenery.
River bottom.jpg
Field.jpg
Hilltop.jpg
Valley.jpg
There were tons of mulies mainly does. Ground is full of cactus so your last approach over hilltops can be painful!
AJ scored the only kill on Tues. This was week 2, some areas had carcasses, and the Wisconsin Militia who stayed at the same place as us, seemed to have luck the previous day. There is a lot of public land out there, interspersed with private, and guess where the goats were?
Butchers.jpg
We would see nice bucks along the road, on the private land. Close enough you could pop them with a rock.
Buck.jpg
6.5 Creedmoor with Hornady ELD-X factory ammo is quite good medicine.
Stopped at Rushmore and Devils Tower on the way, and a minuteman site on the way home.
WW deliv.jpg
A fun trip with great friends. A little disappointing to not have scored myself, however I miss the West and it's always a treat to visit.
Better luck next time!

rsmith

Glad to hear you had a good trip. Speed goats are smarter than people give them credit for and they know exactly where the property lines are at all times hahah.

teej89

NE PA
Anytime you're hunting pronghorn beats doing anything else, I love it! If you ever go back out, check out Area 6, you can draw w/ 0PP and I can put ya on some spots. Last year the old man and I tagged out in 1.5 days 4 hours apart.