Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2016 Droptine is home

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got my drop tine back. Been too busy to pick it up. Had a cappy day. Had time tonight. Figured I'd better go get him. Wife is displeased. Need to do some rearranging. For now I hung him in my son's room until I find a permanent spot.

Thanks to Mike at Whitetail Specialties Taxidermy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgt Fury

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The quality of the mount is fantastic! Love the pose and the positioning of the ears....:smiley_clap:

Lots to be pretty proud and happy about that Philbert!:smiley_coolpeace:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The quality of the mount is fantastic! Love the pose and the positioning of the ears....:smiley_clap:

Lots to be pretty proud and happy about that Philbert!:smiley_coolpeace:

Ric- I appreciate it. That means a lot from you. I know you are at a different level when it comes to critiquing deer than most of us. You have spent more time studying mounts than you probably spent on homework in school. lmao

MikeR really does nice work. He doesn't knock out massive quantities (by choice), but does excellent work on the mounts he does. Turn around is respectable as well. This one took him 10 months. That is the longest it has ever taken him. Mainly due to a 2 month hold up at the tannery. He was done a few weeks ago. I had also told him if he needed to slip a guy or two in front of me who were in a hurry I would be fine with that.

Thanks to all of you for the responses.