Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

GamePlan Gear Full Rut Backpack.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I picked one up today for a hell of a deal. $39.99

http://amzn.to/2y31P7J

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Been looking at replacing the pack I’ve had for about 7-8 seasons now, this one looks like it’ll do the job.... I paid the same amount back then for the Walmart special as this one lol....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here's a nice video with more detail of the pack. Looks like a good one. I may have to get one now...

[video=youtube;2sv_OCnDu8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sv_OCnDu8A[/video]

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Joe, I'm assuming if we click through your link in the first post that'll ensure a portion of the purchase is contributed to TOO, correct?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Joe, I'm assuming if we click through your link in the first post that'll ensure a portion of the purchase is contributed to TOO, correct?
correct. Goes for anything purchased on amazon after clicking through either that link or the Amazon banner.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got mine Thursday, swapped everything over and got it situated.... Smoked it up and went out for a hunt with it... Quiet and once I get used to where everything is in it, it’ll work very well for me... I like the outside straps for fastening stuff down, although I’m not sure I feel comfortable yet to strap a Xbow to the back of it lol....

Ordered on the 6-7th and took 10days to get it...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have no idea how I lived life without this pack! 😂

If you can't tell, I'm very pleased with this purchase. Plenty of storage for gear. As a guy who needs to carry in 3 layers when it's cold, I have no issue getting those in/on there and have plenty of room for a thermos of coffee and a day's worth of food. Only complaint is I wish it had a good waste belt. But overall, it would have made a great buy at MSRP in terms of delivering value.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have no idea how I lived life without this pack! [emoji23]

If you can't tell, I'm very pleased with this purchase. Plenty of storage for gear. As a guy who needs to carry in 3 layers when it's cold, I have no issue getting those in/on there and have plenty of room for a thermos of coffee and a day's worth of food. Only complaint is I wish it had a good waste belt. But overall, it would have made a great buy at MSRP in terms of delivering value.
Totally agree. Great pack. I think the antler holder straps are fuckin worthless for that purpose, but they work excellent for strapping down bulky outer layers. The small compartment on top of the bag is also very handy. Plus it just flat out carries well. Love mine so far.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Probably my favorite feature... The side pouches. One is insulated and they're just the right size for a small coffee thermos.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Top pouch is one of my favorites. Holds range finder and small binos perfectly. I use the straps at the bottom to roll my coveralls up and strap on cold mornings. Handy when I get to stand to put them on.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Bought 2, one for me and one for Jr.
In hindsight, I kind of wish I'd done the same. I'm just usually not a pack kind of guy. I usually don't like to carry much when I hunt. Had I known that I'd like this one as much as I do it would have definitely changed my approach.