Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FBI bust in College

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
WHOOOOAAA LOL

I think there are a LOT of coaches sweating right now! Basketball and all sports! This will go deeper and I believe into other sports like football. It's about time something like this happened....NCAA wasn't going to go digging that deep and hurt their brand.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
WHOOOOAAA LOL

I think there are a LOT of coaches sweating right now! Basketball and all sports! This will go deeper and I believe into other sports like football. It's about time something like this happened....NCAA wasn't going to go digging that deep and hurt their brand.

?????

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The FBI just charged some NCAA basketball coaches with corruption Oklahoma USC Arkansas and Auburn. They even got the head of Global Marketing for Adidas. Some type of pay for recruiting endorsement Kickback deal stuff going on

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
See, if more people would just hunt and fish, they wouldn't have time to watch all these sports and nobody would care.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The FBI just charged some NCAA basketball coaches with corruption Oklahoma USC Arkansas and Auburn. They even got the head of Global Marketing for Adidas. Some type of pay for recruiting endorsement Kickback deal stuff going on

Was listening to a radio program and they're saying tip of the iceberg like was posted above....

Steelheadtracker

See, if more people would just hunt and fish, they wouldn't have time to watch all these sports and nobody would care.

Exactly, people always act like i am crazy when i say i do not watch sports. No time to sit around between fishing and hunting. Plus sports bore me.

Bigcountry40

Someone slighted some money I'd guess....

A Financial Planner got caught by the Feds in dealing "Federal Money" (No idea what federal money is) in the Under ground college basketball economy. He flipped to save himself and my understanding (I listen to Mike and Mike for an hour everyday on the way to work) over a 100 programs are dirty. My only issue with it is, I wish I would have gotten a bigger piece of the pie!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A Financial Planner got caught by the Feds in dealing "Federal Money" (No idea what federal money is) in the Under ground college basketball economy. He flipped to save himself and my understanding (I listen to Mike and Mike for an hour everyday on the way to work) over a 100 programs are dirty. My only issue with it is, I wish I would have gotten a bigger piece of the pie!
Wire transfers over a certain amount have to go through the federal Reserve. This isn't simply reporting to the federal Reserve, the money is transferred to them and then they transfer the money to its destination. This is why any criminal activity that involves wire transfer is Federal. Perhaps that is what they meant by Federal money

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I love seeing all these guys scrambling! Bottom line is you don't get to the top of college athletics with out bending the rules or being a nice guy...

Bigcountry40

What will happen here is simple, rich agents, financial planners, shoe reps, etc will lawyer up and place all the blame the greedy young athletes and their families which are being exploited in a business that makes billions of dollars of their skills in which they receive an education which most can not focus on because of the burden the sport creates to begin with. Damn evil 18 year old kids trying to use their skills to better the lives of their families, how in the world can they possibly think its okay to get paid adequately for their skills.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What will happen here is simple, rich agents, financial planners, shoe reps, etc will lawyer up and place all the blame the greedy young athletes and their families which are being exploited in a business that makes billions of dollars of their skills in which they receive an education which most can not focus on because of the burden the sport creates to begin with. Damn evil 18 year old kids trying to use their skills to better the lives of their families, how in the world can they possibly think its okay to get paid adequately for their skills.

I'd say greed on both their parts.... Rules say no money to be paid, they know it going into it with the hopes of making it after college....

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
This sucks bc College Basketball is my favorite sport. I hope that the schools and coaches involved get much more than a slap on the wrist. Id agree with greed on all parts.

Bigcountry40

I'd say greed on both their parts.... Rules say no money to be paid, they know it going into it with the hopes of making it after college....

Rules force kids to go to college for at least one year, bring back the straight to the draft route for players and some of this will go away (basketball). I would like to see major college restructure the entire college sport/college student system. I would like to see additional pay, offer college athletes some actual skills they can use (trades) rather having 85 history and criminal justice majors, basically allow major sports to 8 years to finish 4 degree so athletes can actually focus on a sport and major in something valuable at the same time. So in season, I would allow athletes to take 2 classes, which these kids could actually concentrate on and use, rather than taking bulls shit classes to maintain 12 credit hours. University would still be paying the same amount, this change would just benefit the student athlete or as we called ourselves athletes who attended class on occasion.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Rules force kids to go to college for at least one year, bring back the straight to the draft route for players and some of this will go away (basketball). I would like to see major college restructure the entire college sport/college student system. I would like to see additional pay, offer college athletes some actual skills they can use (trades) rather having 85 history and criminal justice majors, basically allow major sports to 8 years to finish 4 degree so athletes can actually focus on a sport and major in something valuable at the same time. So in season, I would allow athletes to take 2 classes, which these kids could actually concentrate on and use, rather than taking bulls shit classes to maintain 12 credit hours. University would still be paying the same amount, this change would just benefit the student athlete or as we called ourselves athletes who attended class on occasion.

I like the trades idea, however I think it should be 2 years before going pro.