Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NFL Question

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How many of you are still watching games?
If so, why?

Not too start a shit storm, but was just curious to the reason why people are still watching?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Those who are probably won't speak up. They'll feel like they can't. Hope that's not the case but I bet it will be.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I stopped watching last year, besides catching some of the super bowl. Even then I was somewhat forced to as it was the point of being at the gathering my wife and I attended.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I used to love watching NFL football. Moreso than college. Part of that was because I was always involved in a fantasy league or two. This year I'm not in any leagues and have almost no free time for watching TV. Add to the fact that I'm disgusted by the rampant disrespect of kneeling players/teams... Now I couldn't care less about watching it. I haven't seen a single snap of pro football this year, and don't plan on it any time soon. Fuck those guys.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Those who are probably won't speak up. They'll feel like they can't. Hope that's not the case but I bet it will be.

I was hoping to hear from people who are and their take on the whole protest thing.... I don't condemn anyone who does just trying to understand their mind set is all....

Basically, I won't watch, I'll try to use an alternative products then the current ones NFL endorsed in their commercials.... I'd like to see them hit hard in their pockets and lots of empty seats in the public stadiums they build for them....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I stopped watching a couple years back when they let their commentators go all "gun control" during the broadcast, especially Sunday night's with Bob Costas virtue signaling ass.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Direct TV is offering refunds for the NFL ticket, they don't want too lose customers over all of this...
There's a rumor going around about Budweiser pulling out but that was false... They're sticking with them...

Bigcountry40

I still do, not that I agree with anything they say or are protesting (NFL players), I just love football. I but feel like between the CTE bull shit and this round of protest or whatever you want to call it, the NFL will be dead with in 20 years and football in general (sort of like boxing today) and this was the first big crack in a dam full of hairline crack. This sort of sucks for me and my family personally, football was life changing for me and mine, I just hope my boys have a chance the play this great game!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Never have and never will.
As far as the protest is I strongly feel. If you disrespect the USA flag you don't play with no pay. If you don't like the USA flag for what it stands for leave the country and no real loss. Nothing else will do.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I personally have watched very little so far this year. I mean prolly a total of a quarter all games combined, so that's a huge drop off compared to all years before now. This kneeling shit has got me caring even less so I'll nip it in the bud now and watch strictly college football.
If they hate this country that much then get the F out then they'll see just how nice they have it!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I can't tell you the last NFL game I watched. Its just not as enjoyable to watch once these guys are getting paid the big $$$. I think that's why I hate watching 'Bama play. rotflmao

Seriously though, I'm confused by what transpired last weekend. I realize the players wanted to show their unity against what Trump said, but I don't understand why taking a knee during the anthem had to be their avenue. I guess it got everyone talking about it, so in some ways, they succeeded. But they also managed to upset millions of Americans in the process. Stand up for what you believe in, but find a more respectful way to go about it. I originally thought the kneeling was about inequality. This doesn't seem to be the case now, so why are we still kneeling? I guess I'm just confused by it all.

I'll admit though, I wish the president would stay off twitter.

Wmiller07

I haven't had cable in a long time so I catch the highlights on YouTube. I believe they have the right to protest peacefully. Nothing is more American than standing up for what you believe in. With that being said I don't want to see it during football games. We are constantly bombarded with political BS and I just want to check out for awhile and just watch football. And just so you know I love America and think it's the greatest country to have ever existed.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Fuck em.
A typical family can no longer afford to go see a game as it is between tickets, parking, food and whatever.
This is the final straw for me.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Nope. I havent watched for awhile honestly and the recent actions arent helping my cause. I treasure my weekends way to much to watch it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Never did watch the NFL, I have plenty of other shit to do on Sunday besides sit on the couch. And that goes for Saturday's TOO.