Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Made the plunge

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Broke down and bought the Fox Pro Spitfire.... Am sitting here driving the wifes dog gaga,,,, Those yote pups are making it run around and whine like a little baby lol... Will be playing with it till it drives the wife bonkers as well lol.... The crows fighting makes her thing of Alred Hitchcock the birds.... Said she will be having nightmares tonight.... Well at least I'll accomplish something tonight lol..... rotflmao.... Got it for 106.00 out the door... Between discount points and gift cards made out pretty good.... Not quite what Uglykat got at Dicks today but it's a start..... :pickle:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm with ya J...bought the Spitfire and dog went nuts the nite I tried it.

Now my problem is I just gotta figure out how to hunt with it. The next couple of months should be fun

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm with ya J...bought the Spitfire and dog went nuts the nite I tried it.

Now my problem is I just gotta figure out how to hunt with it. The next couple of months should be fun

You got that right... Keep me posted on the results and I'll do the same.... I'm really liking the crow call on it and may use that first time out lol.... I've got a score to settle at one of my deer properties lol.....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Took it with me this weekend when I was target shooting out in Adams County.
Was showing it to my uncle and said "Let's see what happens..." turned on the crow fight and had about 40 crows flying in circles over us in about 1 minute, from 3 different directions, some I spotted coming at us from about a half mile away...wish I'd had some decoys out in the field to bring them down.

It was pretty cool. Next time I won't be playin'......

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Took it with me this weekend when I was target shooting out in Adams County.
Was showing it to my uncle and said "Let's see what happens..." turned on the crow fight and had about 40 crows flying in circles over us in about 1 minute, from 3 different directions, some I spotted coming at us from about a half mile away...wish I'd had some decoys out in the field to bring them down.

It was pretty cool. Next time I won't be playin'......

Me too, got to get some decoys but we've been knocking a few down here and there, but decoys seem to be the answer too getting them in close.... I found a sight that shows how to make them out of coat hangars and black trash bags or electrical tape.... I'm going to be experimenting lol....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I use cardboard cutouts and rattle can them black. You can glue clothes pins on them, or cut a coat hanger wire in 6 inch lengths. Jam the wire in the dirt then slide the spike between the corrugated cardboard. Make sure to make some of them side profile and some top profile. ;)

Glen

Crow season is now out in Ohio. But I'm sure you are all aware of that.

Congratulations on the Spitfire!! Set it up wind of you because the coyote will circle downwind of the sound.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah we hunted them last month until last weekend alternated between rabbits and crows and had a blast.... Joe my buddy is working on the decoys he's the creative one of the bunch and he's got a few links too some how too's for decoys and we will have a owl in the mix lol.... June 4th will start back up but in the meen time the ground hogs and yotes will pick up the slack.....