Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Harvey Relief

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
One of the missions we had at the 910th AW was an Ariel spray mission, we would spray different locations (mostly federal installations/bases) and usually would be called after large storms/hurricanes on the coast.... The mosquitos that inundate the people afterwards is ridiculous as you can't spend anytime outside as you'll be eaten alive without large amounts of mosquito spray.... I was part of the mission that provided this relief for quite a few years throughout the 90's and in a support of it afterwards....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/184118368141/permalink/10155648384623142/

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They fly at 200' at 225MPH.... Years ago they flew with the gear down just in case they hit the ground and get a good bounce to get airborne again lmao....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
During the years I was down in so fl, every so often one of the cowboy flyers would clip a line off a power poll.
They sure make ya jump the first time you hear them buzz by spraying!
Usually there would be 2-3 flying staggered across at a time.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We had places we sprayed every year that would spread certain bug borne diseases if left unattended....
The Langley Va area was one of them, Paris island was another.... Sebring Fla was our training area as we could train down there year round....

Launched the bird and went to dinner, just a quick bite at a Wendy's downtown.... We notice people looking out the window and then the chatter got louder and here comes a 130, 200' off the deck, 200 mph spraying right down the main drag.... People were freaking the fuck out, except 6 guys at a table just eating their sandwiches trying not to laugh too loud.....