Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Winter Weather Forcast

Wow, no rut this year for sure. Looks like temps in the 50's and 60's in November and December. According to this Wooly Bear we are not going to have winter. I've never seen a Wooly Bear this light colored in my lifetime. I spotted this one at Sippo Lake in Stark County today. Sorry for the bad news Tall Chad.

Attachments

• IMGP7682v2.jpg
    IMGP7682v2.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 88

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Fishing Lake Erie this last weekend the water temps were colder this year vs last year..... Usually we see low to mid 70's all we found were mid 64 to 68.....

Snows coming boys

OO2

In the Uplands
Fishing Lake Erie this last weekend the water temps were colder this year vs last year..... Usually we see low to mid 70's all we found were mid 64 to 68.....

Snows coming boys

Where abouts are you fishing? I will be up around Port Clinton for Smallies this weekend

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I don't know who's correct here, but I hope we get buried! I love snow.

Yep, couldn't agree more, Mike.... You get off work too hunt, it confines deer movement and stalking becomes an option.... Deer routes narrow and can allow adjustments too take advantage of.....

Bigcountry40

I have always been taught by the old timers, rainy summer, means a rough winter, I don't know if this has any accuracy

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
All I can say to you snow lovers is move to Canada. I wish for zero snow as I've seen enough snow and cold temps in my life time.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
All I can say to you snow lovers is move to Canada. I wish for zero snow as I've seen enough snow and cold temps in my life time.

Ok don't be a hater lol... You've got a few good more snow seasons left in ya.... If not you've got plenty of family too help out don't wish this away from he rest of us lol...

I want a lots of snow then wind it up with super cold temps and no snow in February.... Kill all them freaking ticks out there!!!!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ok don't be a hater lol... You've got a few good more snow seasons left in ya.... If not you've got plenty of family too help out don't wish this away from he rest of us lol...

I want a lots of snow then wind it up with super cold temps and no snow in February.... Kill all them freaking ticks out there!!!!

Those ticks had 100 million years to adapt so it won't happen just make you feel better. Not a hater just hate cold and snow.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Need to do the snowbird trip, Frank lol

I plan to just as soon as the wife decides to stop working part time. Have a place picked out as we already looked at it 4-5 yrs ago. Would go the week after deer season is over and be back April sometime.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I plan to just as soon as the wife decides to stop working part time. Have a place picked out as we already looked at it 4-5 yrs ago. Would go the week after deer season is over and be back April sometime.

Tell her there's part time jobs down there also lol