Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Water heater for the camper: Tankless?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I need a new water heater for the camper. Hate to drop $400-600 on one. Was looking at the tankless units. Anyone used one in their camper? Do I just bite the bullet and buy one with a tank? I tried the search function but didn't find any info for campers and tankless units.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I wouldn't recommend it Phil. The ones you would get for your house are not designed for your camper. You may end up spending more than you would on the tank for the camper and still not even be functional

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wouldn't recommend it Phil. The ones you would get for your house are not designed for your camper. You may end up spending more than you would on the tank for the camper and still not even be functional
That is what I needed to know. They advertise them for campers. It didn't seem logical based on what you said in another thread here about flushing them, volume/flow concerns, etc.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I know it would be a lot easier to use, as far as replacement. I have to replace my heating element every year but that isn't a big deal. I am assuming the tank-less is propane ? I know my tank uses a lot of extra propane when I got it hooked up. You can up your water pump if you want a stronger flow.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I have began to dub myself a camper repair technician lol....There is no such thing as a manual for campers these days! You get on youtube and make a few phone calls and usually you can fix it yourself....

I do have the number of a guy I call when I can't repair mine or figure it out. He has years of camping experience and I believe he is certified but I call him for advice on replacement parts and he tells me what brands to get or stay away from.

Let me know if you want to call him.